Commercial Counsel - 13198
Woodland Hills, United States
Commercial Counsel will serve on the Contracts Services team and will work in a cross-functional environment to successfully negotiate and manage assigned business contracts including but not limited to SaaS Master Subscription Agreements, Order Forms, SOWs, NDAs and other contractual documents as necessary for the licensing of BlackLine’s products and services.
- Structure, draft and negotiate a high volume of commercial agreements (e.g., procurement contracts, professional services agreements, software agreements, marketing agreements, real estate leases), both independently and in collaboration with the Associate General Counsel
- Lead the timely negotiation of the terms and conditions of all assigned contracts directly with BlackLine’s customers in partnership with the cross-functional teams in Sales, Sales Ops, Finance, IT, Business Development and Product and Marketing.
- Build strong relationships with other legal team members, company executives, sales, services teams to draft, redline and negotiate commercial contracts (domestic and international) with customers and vendors to achieve successful business outcomes.
- Partner with Sales to develop key negotiation and business strategies, including fallback positions, and acceptable terms and conditions and find creative solutions to a broad range of complex legal and business issues related to commercial agreements.
- Manage agreement records and update the contract status in BlackLine’s contracts management system in a timely manner for efficient information sharing.
- Escalate issues, in concise and targeted manner, with suggested solutions, as necessary, to the Legal management team
- Assist in the development of contract process flow improvements to ensure timely closure of the deals for revenue recognition.
- Develop a deep understanding of the company’s products, services, security protocols and business model.
- Other duties as assigned
- Self-motivated and self-starter who is probing and inquisitive by nature with an affinity and passion for the technology business.
- Keen business sense, with the ability to find creative business-oriented solutions to legal issues, balancing legal risks against business interests.
- A creative thinker with a process-oriented working style, delivering high energy and enthusiasm.
- Proven strong analytical skills and exceptional negotiation skills in addition to a deep understanding of SaaS agreements and processes.
- Highly detail-orientated and strong results-orientated with a dedicated client focus.
- Outstanding communication (verbal/written) skills, both at an interpersonal level and with broader audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, meet demanding deadlines in fast-paced environment, prioritize workflow and adjust to frequent workload fluctuations.
- Ability to identify, establish and maintain strategic and tactical partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently while also being a strong team player.
- Experience negotiating vendor agreements is preferable.
- SaaS company experience required.
- 3+ years of experience with a track record of success in drafting, negotiating, and closing a wide variety of customer-facing commercial agreements in the software industry at a multinational company.
- California or NY bar admittees preferred