Business Development Representative - 13186
LET’S BUILD YOUR FINTECH CAREER TOGETHER
The FinTech industry has grown exponentially over the last couple of years. Buzzwords such as robotic process automation, machine learning, intelligent automation solutions, and artificial intelligence make it extremely difficult—regardless of the research you do—to identify which companies are truly at the forefront of technology.
At BlackLine, these buzzwords are a reality.
Founded in 2001 with headquarters in Los Angeles, California and offices throughout the U.S., Europe, Canada, Australia, Asia, and South Africa, BlackLine serves some of the world’s fastest-growing companies and best-known brands.
Recognized by Gartner as a Leader in cloud financial close solutions, BlackLine continues to define the cloud market for non-consolidation financial close solutions, and for nine years running, has been named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 list which recognizes the fastest-growing technology companies in North America.
So, are YOU ready to work at a fast-paced, growing company?
Because at the core of our success is our Business Development team—and we want you to be a part of it.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
As a member of the BlackLine Business Development team, you will be responsible for developing demand for BlackLine’s products and solutions. Likewise, we are committed to developing your talent and investing in your professional growth.
Are YOU looking for an inclusive and diverse work environment where your opinion is heard?
In your role as a business development representative (BDR), you will play an integral part in conveying the value of the BlackLine platform to prospective clients and, in doing so, you will have a direct impact on the future success of BlackLine.
To ensure your success at BlackLine, you’ll be immersed in an intensive 6-week training program, so you can hit the ground running and start qualifying leads in your territory. Training is focused on helping you establish successful processes as a BDR and providing a strong foundation for success in the larger sales organization. This is your opportunity to gain exposure to, and learn the nuance of, enterprise level software sales.
For your hard work, we offer base salary plus a very competitive uncapped monthly bonus structure, professional career growth, regular offsite team events, and free breakfast on Thursdays (because why not?!).
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A BLACKLINE BDR
- Qualify marketing-generated leads from campaigns, website programs, conferences, and other channels
- Discover and qualify meetings with prospective clients through outbound prospecting into target contacts and organizations
- Work with prospects to thoroughly understand and align their needs with our solutions
- Handle software capability questions in the sales qualification process
- Achieve, and exceed, weekly/monthly/quarterly metrics (appointments, qualified leads, new contacts, etc.)
- Assist and coordinate with marketing campaigns as necessary
- Manage prospecting status, data integrity, and weekly forecasting in Salesforce.com and Outreach
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- You’re a self-starter—motivated, driven and focused on achieving goals
- You always bring your A game—you don’t do average
- You’re comfortable in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- You can think on your feet in a conversation and answer unexpected questions with ease
- You’re willing to learn, be coached, and can adapt easily to change
- You have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- You have a commitment to professionalism and have solid organizational skills
- You have at least 1 year of sales or cold-calling experience—a plus, but not required
- You have some accounting knowledge (CPA eligible or Audit experience)—a huge bonus, but not required
IN 90 DAYS, YOU WILL
In just 90 days as a BDR at BlackLine, you will have learned to prospect, cold call, and communicate the value of our platform to one of the most technical and complex audiences—Finance and Accounting.
But it doesn’t stop there. You’ll also be able to:
- Articulate the complex B2B sales cycle
- Learn the ins and outs of tools, such as Salesforce.com, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Outreach, Hoopla, ZoomInfo, DiscoverOrg, InsideView, ClearSlide, and Kapost
- Understand the technical landscape of our target audience
- Call into a greenfield that has more than 90% total available market
- Successfully handle objections both on the phone and through email
- Be a part of an exciting, fast-paced culture both on the team and throughout the company
- Have conversations with C-suite executives and Fortune 500 companies
- Be involved in corporate conversations at all-hands meetings for a growing, public company
- Participate and contribute to new marketing campaigns and ideas