Business Operations Associate - 13181
Woodland Hills, United States
The Product & Technology organization is responsible for planning, delivering and supporting BlackLine Saas. The Business Process Associate will serve as a key liaison for the SDLC workflow processes across the Product and Technology department. The BPA partners with the stakeholders to define SDLC processes & workflows, identify areas for improvement or reengineering and develop business requirements. The BPA will also work with business and technology teams to translate business needs and opportunities into program solutions and utilize their change management expertise to drive successful release and adoption of those solutions.
A successful candidate has deep experience in creating documentation, workflows, and working with a wide variety of business units.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Administer JIRA, Confluence for the creation and management of custom, complex projects, workflows, security schemes, custom fields, permissions, dashboards, and reports configurations.
- Test new versions of the tools and add-ons to ensure compatibility.
- Document and communicate system changes, new processes/workflows, and new functionalities to end users
- Meet with business stakeholders regularly and evaluate their workflows and current processes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to elicit, synthesize, and codify requirements.
- Lead design sessions to discuss processes, improvements, and requirements.
- Proactively identify, analyze, and recommend business process changes and improvements across BlackLine’s internal systems and processes.
- Proactively identify, analyze, and recommend business process changes and improvements across Engineering tools such as JIRA and Confluence and processes and manage implementation end to end
- Implement changes in JIRA/Confluence.
- Develop methodology and document business processes.
- Conduct process analysis using standard data analysis and interview techniques. Need to be able to communicate with all levels of the organization to obtain information needed quickly.
- Work with data from multiple sources to provide analysis and insights.
- Facilitate meetings with process owners to define new processes or fix existing processes.
- Establish training materials and rollout new process.
Years of Experience in Related Field: 2+ years of relevant experience in Business/Systems Process Analysis/Adminsitration
Education: Bachelor’s degree is desired
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience creating workflow and process diagrams using Visio, or other tools
- Strong experience with Smartsheet, Jira, Confluence, and SharePoint
- Strong administrative knowledge of Atlassian products to define and manage project configurations.
- Strong experience working with data including querying and pivoting/filtering in any platform.
- Experience with both agile and waterfall methodologies
- Ability to effectively communicate, present and articulate strategies across various internal audiences and across all levels of the organization
- Organized, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to pick up on new processes and systems quickly
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
PMP certification is desired
Scrum certification is desiredAtlassian administration training desired.