Junior Designer - 13167
Woodland Hills, United States
As a Jr. Designer on the BlackLine Marketing team, you will closely partner with internal Designers, Writers, and Marketing Managers to develop branded creative assets for national and global distribution. The types of deliverables you will produce include both print and digital campaigns and may potentially include some video and animation deliverables depending on the applicant’s skill set.
Examples of deliverables in this role include, but are not limited to:
- Social Media Assets
- Images formatted for web
- Multi-page print collateral
- Templatized web pages
- Email layouts
- PowerPoint Decks
- Trade Show Banners
You will report directly to the Creative Director and receive guidance and support from a team of experienced Designers who are committed to your success. An online portfolio review will be required as part of this hiring process.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Collaborate with Corporate Events Marketing team to design and produce event assets: invitations, wall wraps, marketing swag, banner stands, etc.
- Review project requirements as assigned in tracking system (Wrike) and complete accordingly
- Complete design assignments with some oversight and review by more experienced peers
- Design and produce digital/print assets for campaign packages
- Solicit project feedback and accept revision requests from project stakeholders and peers
- Maintain technical and relevant knowledge by attending design workshops, review professional publications, or participate in professional societies
- Participate in department and company meetings and events as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
Years of Experience in Related Field: 1-3 professional experience in a design related role
Education: High School graduation required. Some college preferred but not required.
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of universal design principals including typography, color theory, and layout
- Intermediate level skills in the Adobe suite of design applications including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Intermediate skills in Figma or Sketch
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook
- Image retouching
- Proficiency with the MacOS with the ability to do some level of troubleshooting/solving common technical issues
- Creative concept development experience
- Knowledge of and ability to apply graphic design best practices for print and web
- Effective team player
- Demonstrate company core values of think, create, and serve
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-starter, sense of initiative and ownership in work
- Effective time management skills
This is a full-time position located in our Woodland Hills headquarters. Office hours are 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday. At the present time, the majority of our workforce is temporarily working from home due to COVID-19 health guidance from public authorities and our leadership. Ability to work productively from home until such time when our team can return to the Woodland Hills office.