Senior Software Engineer - 13111
Pleasanton, United States
Woodland Hills, United States
Remote, United States
BlackLine SaaS is the system of interaction for finance and accounting teams and it integrates with numerous ERPs, CRMs, Payment systems, Point of Sale systems and other applications. You will play a crucial role in building the next generation highly scalable, secure, extensible, reliable and self-service integration platform. This modern integration platform will support bi-directional flow of master and transactional data while offering a choice of batch (e.g. SFTP), real time (e.g. APIs and Streaming) and event driven processing. No two ERP implementations, even from the same vendor, are alike. The key is to support customization through configuration, and not building point-to-point integrations for thousands of BlackLine clients. This is a transformational role requiring exceptional technical, communication and collaboration skills.
If you have a passion for delivering products that make a difference, are driven to make things better in all that you do and are eager to work in a collaborative agile environment where developers are dedicated to solving customer problems and innovating, we would love to talk to you.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Design, develop, test, optimize, scale, maintain and improve highly scalable and secure distributed backend services while adhering to requirements, coding and quality standards.
- Designing and developing highly available ETL Pipeline to ingest, normalize and data transfer
- Develop functional and technical specifications, and test plans. Review others’ code.
- Help in project planning by identifying cross-team dependencies and effort estimation.
- Actively participate and contribute to architecture and design of complex problems.
- Implement, refine, and enforce software development techniques to ensure that delivered features meet software integration, performance, security, and maintainability expectations.
- Research, test, benchmark, and evaluate new tools and technologies, and recommend ways to implement them in product development.
- Maintain high standards of software quality and technical excellence within the team by establishing good practices and writing clean, testable, maintainable, and secure code.
- Proactively identify issues, bottlenecks, gaps, or other areas of concerns or opportunities and work to either directly affect change, or advocate for that change.
- Perform critical maintenance, deployment, and release support activities, including occasional off-hours support
Years of Experience in Related Field: 5+
Education: BS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
Two (2) years of related work experience will be excepted in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree or foreign degree equivalent.
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ years if hands-on experience in building highly optimized Web Applications
- 2+ years of experience with Big data frameworks like - NiFi, Spark, Hadoop, Hive.
- 2+ years of professional experience in building Web scale highly available multi-tenant SaaS with focus on backend platform, frameworks, RESTful APIs and microservices.
- 2+ years of experience with a public cloud (AWS, Azure, or GCP) and solid understanding of cloud-native services.
- Fluent in one or more object-oriented programming languages -Java, C# or C++.
- Experience in designing integration solutions for batch, API and event driven architectures.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Adaptable team player with strong collaboration skills and a focus on results and value delivery.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Experience with Workflow design and pipeline execution with NiFi is highly desirable
- Experience with microservices, data streaming and ETL that power complex, large scale distributed applications.
- Hands-on experience with various database technologies.
- A solid computer science foundation including data structures, algorithms, and design patterns, with a proven track record of writing high concurrency, multi-threaded, secure, scalable code.
- Technical influencer in design and architecture