Solutions Architect - 12955
- The Solution Architect (SA) will support sales and service efforts working closely with product and marketing to close deals.
- The SA will be expected to maintain a path towards developing expertise in the BlackLine product, finance operating models, industry standards, regulations, emerging trends, competitor capabilities/limitations, and finance transformation.
- The SA will assist prospects and customers in designing the scope of work, level of effort, and solution design for all products and solutions during the pre-sale cycle.
- The SA will understand prospects business needs, and design a solution to meet those needs, as well as map the needs to capabilities of our solutions.
- The SA will align with other BlackLine personnel to ensure proper knowledge transfer and project completion.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Implementation estimates: The Solutions Architect (SA) will be proficient in developing the level of effort estimates for implementation services.
- Implementation approach: The SA will be proficient in developing and communicating the BlackLine implementation approach and processes to customers and partners.
- Service plan: The SA will be proficient in developing and communicating a service plan to customers and partners.
- Sales enablement: The SA will be proficient in the sales processes and applications (such as Salesforce, CPQ, Kapost, and DocuSign) to the extent that they can assist, supplement, and train the Sales team in completing the SA related tasks required to bring a deal to signature.
- Statement of Work (SOW) process: The SA will be proficient in the ability to design, customize, revise and tailor SOWs to describe proposed services as well as the management of project scope redlines.
- Value driver identification: The SA will collaborate with customers to identify relevant value drivers specific to a customer’s unique circumstances and provide value-oriented language and coaching to customer champions.
- Road Mapping: The SA will collaborate with customers to identify their priorities and plan their implementation roadmap.
- Solution Architecture: The SA will collaborate in explaining the interoperability of products within a solution and in tailoring an approach.
- Pre-sales activities: The SA will collaborate in the discussions around customer current processes and pain points and document discovery as well as actively participate in product demonstrations.
- Technical: The SA will collaborate in describing and answering questions related to integration options (such as connectors, API and SFTP) as well as high-level infrastructure and InfoSec.
- Value Assessment: The SA will have knowledge on how to work with the Sales team and customer champion to prepare a business value assessment including ROI analysis and proposed project plans.
- Pricing strategy: The SA will have knowledge of the design and presentation of pricing strategies to customers and partners
Years of Experience in Related Field:
- Consulting Services, Client Services, and/or Professional Services – at least 4 years
- Knowledge of BlackLine similar SaaS Solutions/Environments (if no BlackLine experience) – 2 years
- Demonstrated or proven experience documenting business requirements
- Skill – Communication through all levels including external partners
- Skill – Problem solving
- Skill – Client Relationship Management
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities
- Bachelor’s Degree
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills and are equally adept in communicating upwards and downward and the ability to work across groups and geographies is required
- Ability to take a resourceful, results-oriented and highly energetic approach is required
- Ability to effectively work with tight schedules and fast paced environment with minimal supervision is required
- Passion for customer success, empowering others and delivering value to customers is required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project) is required
- Broad knowledge of professional services (PS) and the processes, challenges and business context associated with PS, based on experience in a variety of roles and functions is preferred
- Strong leadership, people development and influencing skills and the ability to build and lead is preferred
- History of operational excellence, exceptional analytical skills and execution abilities is preferred
- Experience driving large and complex initiatives from framing the problem, conducting research and analysis to building business and operational plans through to driving execution to success is preferred
- Knowledge of business forecasting and performance management processes and approaches is preferred
- Ability to work autonomously and be comfortable to changing environment is required
- Ability to problem solve and engage in conflict resolution is preferred
- Ability to travel: Up to 15%
- Location: Remote – work from home
- Accounting Degree or CPA
- Accounting Industry – 2 years
- Knowledge of experience with BlackLine Products – 2 years
- Demonstrated or proven experience managing projects