Senior Director, GTM Enablement - 12950
Woodland Hills, United States
The Senior Director, Go To Market Enablement (GTME) is responsible for developing and implementing the overall enablement strategy and programs for our direct sales, services and partner channels teams globally. This includes GTM Teams: Sales, BDRs, Solution Consultants (SCs), and Services/Customer teams. The scope of this role includes onboarding of new GTM team members, ongoing training of existing members, targeted training and coaching for underperforming members, and development & management of enablement content and learning management systems. This leader will also develop strategy and programs for GTM enablement for new corporate initiatives.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Manage enablement for Sales through orientation to sales processes; developing individual coaching plans; providing resources and assistance to help enablement of sales representatives, BDRs, and SCs.
- Manage enablement of Customer teams. For example, Implementation Consultant training through orientation to scoping and implementation processes; developing individual coaching plans; providing resources and assistance to help enablement.
- Improve training effectiveness by developing new approaches and techniques; making support readily available; integrating support with routine job functions.
- Drive development, training, and adoption of GTME processes to ensure scalability in BlackLine’s dynamic, high growth environment.
- Understand Sales, SC, BDR and their management needs and develop training and education assets to enable the customer-facing teams to accelerate ramping (time to revenue) and beat the competition.
- Interface with Sales, Marketing, and Services senior leaders. Drive enablement alignment with their team needs.
- Foster and lead a culture of continuous improvement.
- Ensure alignment of GTM enablement activities with key internal and external events.
- Provide program and project oversight and guide development of methodology, processes, and best practices to streamline and improve GTM enablement.
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of GTM enablement programs and initiatives.
- Right-size program and enablement design and delivery to needs and pace of the business.
- Determine training needs by conducting needs analysis, observing GTM encounters, studying results reports, and conferring with managers.
- Develop individual results by maintaining policy and procedure resources, providing coaching, conducting training sessions, and developing outcome improvement resources.
- Support training financial objectives by recommending budget items and controlling costs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Years of Experience in Related Field: 10+ years of Sales training/enablement experience with an enterprise Cloud applications provider. Experience selling software products or services.
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project).
- Working knowledge of Salesforce
- Excellent cross-functional leadership skills and the ability to initiate and build relationships with people in an open, friendly, and accepting manner.
- Accessible to subordinates, peers, and superiors for constructive feedback.
- Ability to translate concepts, summarize, and communicate complex ideas, and clearly articulate business value with a good sense of how GTM professionals think, operate, and absorb training.
- Adaptable and able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change. Able to prioritize these demands and gain buy-in or direction with GTM stakeholders.
- Ability to articulate program objectives, deliverables, timelines, and “what good looks like” to team members and stakeholder SMEs.
- Excellent ability to command a classroom of Sales Representatives, Customer Teams or Managers, both live and in a virtual training environment.
- Ability to develop strategic plans and gain buy-in from stakeholder leaders.
- Executive presence to effectively inspire and influence GTM executives and influencers.
- Experience with multiple learning methodologies to effectively deliver the right content to the right audience at the right time.
- Ability to understand the strategic direction and goals of the GTM teams and support appropriate processes to facilitate achievement of business objectives.
- BDR, SC, and/or Services team training/enablement experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Learning & Development or Organizational Behavior
- Experience with enablement related to financial applications is highly preferred.
- Experience with Docebo learning management system (LMS)
- Understanding of accounting and finance concepts and terminology
- Knowledge of and experience applying Adult Learning Principles in corporate learning
Work is primarily sedentary in nature; no special demands required.