Senior Software Engineer, Platform - 12896
Pleasanton, United States
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing!
At Blackline, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications.
Since being founded in 2001, BlackLine has become a leading provider of cloud software that automates and controls the entire financial close process. Our vision is to modernize the finance and accounting function to enable greater operational effectiveness and agility, and we are committed to delivering innovative solutions and services to empower accounting and finance leaders around the world to achieve Modern Finance.
Being a best-in-class SaaS Company, we understand that bringing in new ideas and innovative technology is mission critical. At BlackLine we are always working with new, cutting edge technology that encourages our teams to learn something new and expand their creativity and technical skillset that will accelerate their careers.
Work, Play and Grow at BlackLine!
Make Your Mark:
BlackLine empowers our team members to be change agents and are always seeking new and innovative ways to solve problems. We are experiencing explosive growth and looking for passionate and talented people to join our team.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will play a crucial role in building the next generation of BlackLine application and data platform. You will be driving innovation into our product suite by designing, developing, troubleshooting, maintaining, optimizing and scaling cloud-based backend platform components, services and frameworks, including but not limited to Event Bus, API Gateway, Developer Portal, Job Scheduler, Identity Management, Search, Workflow Orchestration and Data Integration.
If you have a passion for delivering products that make a difference, are driven to make things better in all that you do and are eager to work in a collaborative agile environment where developers are dedicated to solving customer problems and innovating, we would love to talk to you.
You’ll Get To:
- Design, develop, test, optimize, scale, maintain and improve highly scalable and secure distributed backend services while adhering to requirements, coding and quality standards.
- Develop functional and technical specifications, and test plans. Review others code.
- Help in project planning by identifying cross-team dependencies and effort estimation.
- Actively participate and contribute to architecture and design of complex problems.
- Implement, refine, and enforce software development techniques to ensure that delivered features meet software integration, performance, security, and maintainability expectations.
- Research, test, benchmark, and evaluate new tools and technologies, and recommend ways to implement them in product development.
- Maintain high standards of software quality and technical excellence within the team by establishing good practices and writing clean, testable, maintainable, and secure code.
- Proactively identify issues, bottlenecks, gaps, or other areas of concerns or opportunities and work to either directly affect change, or advocate for that change.
- Perform critical maintenance, deployment, and release support activities, including occasional off- hours support.
What You’ll Bring:
Years of Experience in Related Field: 4+ years
Education: BS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 4+ Years of Professional Experience in building Web scale highly available multitenant SaaS with focus on backend platform, frameworks, RESTful APIs and microservices.
- 2+ years of experience with a public cloud (AWS, Azure, or GCP) and good understanding of cloud-native services.
- Fluent in one or more object oriented programming languages – C#, Java or C++.
- A solid computer science foundation including data structures, algorithms, and design patterns, with a proven track record of writing high concurrency, multi-threaded, secure scalable code.
- Proven experience in delivering one or more core platform services, such as API gateway, identity management, authentication, messaging (Kafka or RabbitMQ), workflow orchestration, job scheduling and search.
- Technical influencer in design and architecture.
- Ability to breakdown Epics into User Stories.
- Experience with SQL, No-SQL, data modeling and transactional flows.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Adaptable team player with strong collaboration skills and a focus on results and value delivery.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Passion for engineering excellence through automation, unit testing, and process improvements.
- Experience in service-oriented architecture.
- Familiar with internet security issues in software design and code.
- Familiar with ERP (SAP, Oracle, Netsuite or Microsoft) platforms.
- FinTech or Financial services domain background.
We’re Even More Excited If You Have:
- Experience in Building Microservices
- Experience using Kafka and/or Workflow Engine
- Experience with Identity Management using Okta or Ping Federate or related technologies
Thrive At BlackLine Because You Are Joining:
- A technology-based company with a sense of adventure and a vision for the future. Every door at BlackLine is open. Just bring your brains, your problem-solving skills, and be part of a winning team at the world's most trusted name in Finance Automation!
- A culture that is kind, open, and accepting. It’s a place where people can embrace what makes them unique, and the mix of cultural backgrounds and varying interests cultivates diverse thought and perspectives.
- A company who believes in providing the best possible service to its clients, and that starts with offering amazing perks to its employees. These perks include 100% coverage for healthcare, vision, and dental, 401(k) matching, ESPP, food, drinks, games, and so much more!
- A culture where BlackLiners’ continued growth and learning is empowered. BlackLine offers a wide variety of professional development seminars and inclusive affinity groups to celebrate and support our diversity.
BlackLine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws.