Data Engineering Intern - 12750
Woodland Hills, United States
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing!
At Blackline, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications.
Since being founded in 2001, BlackLine has become a leading provider of cloud software that automates and controls the entire financial close process. Our vision is to modernize the finance and accounting function to enable greater operational effectiveness and agility, and we are committed to delivering innovative solutions and services to empower accounting and finance leaders around the world to achieve Modern Finance.
Our interns learn by doing. By helping us carry out our mission and vision, you will have an opportunity to make a real impact, develop personally and professionally, and learn from people who are experts in their field.
- Responsible for building and maintaining config driven data pipelines in GCP (Spark Framework)
- Build, integrate and deploy data processing solutions into the BlackLine application in collaboration with product management, cloud, engineering and data platform teams.
- Create and maintain REST API end points in GCP
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement processes automation and data delivery.
- Build infrastructure for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources.
- Execute extract, transform and load (ETL) operations on large datasets including data identification, mapping, aggregation, conditioning, cleansing, and analyzing.
BlackLine interns participate in multiple networking opportunities such as executive fireside chats, career track seminars and BlackLine intern alumni panels. We offer trainings on communication and professionalism, as well as mock interviews and resume review with our talent acquisition team.
Apply today and learn more about these opportunities. We look forward to hearing our candidate’s stories, passions and goals.
You must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate in Spring 2021
- Data Structures
- SQL, Python and Spark
- Practical experience with GIT version control.
- Strong familiarity with GCP, SQL Server.
- Comfortable working with open source tools in Unix/Linux environments.
- Data warehousing experience, data modeling and database design.
- Works independently without the need for supervision.