Product Manager - 12679
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing!
At Blackline, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications.
Since being founded in 2001, BlackLine has become a leading provider of cloud software that automates and controls the entire financial close process. Our vision is to modernize the finance and accounting function to enable greater operational effectiveness and agility, and we are committed to delivering innovative solutions and services to empower accounting and finance leaders around the world to achieve Modern Finance.
Being a best-in-class SaaS Company, we understand that bringing in new ideas and innovative technology is mission critical. At BlackLine we are always working with new, cutting edge technology that encourages our teams to learn something new and expand their creativity and technical skillset that will accelerate their careers.
Work, Play and Grow at BlackLine!
Make Your Mark:
BlackLine empowers our team members to be change agents and are always seeking new and innovative ways to solve problems. We are experiencing explosive growth and looking for passionate and talented people to join our team.
At BlackLine, our success hinges on developing and maintaining industry-leading business solutions that hundreds of thousands of users across the world rely upon. A key success component is the highly collaborative and market-facing nature of our Product Management team. Product Management is responsible for guiding products through the software development lifecycle including analyzing, positioning, promoting, and tailoring our solutions to both new and existing customers. They work closely with creative and talented engineers, designers, and marketers to help design and develop solutions that improve companies overall financial close process.
As Product Manager, you will work cross-functionally to guide products from conception to launch by connecting the business and technical worlds. From leveraging new and existing technologies to diving deep into feedback from some of the most recognized brands in the world, you will create buy-in for product vision across internal and external stakeholders that includes customers and partners alike. The ideal Product Manager is a customer-/market- oriented person with strong product and project management skills, solid technical understanding and great personal skills for coordination with engineering teams and partner teams across the globe.
You’ll Get To:
- Partner with Engineering, Architecture, and Product Design teams to define technical and user interface requirements
- Work closely with Agile-based teams to ensure incremental and net new features/products align with product vision and market demands
- Translate business needs into product requirements that provide clear, concise, and prioritized direction to the Engineering team
- Strong analytical skills to define and understand data and metrics to influence product roadmaps and priorities
- Perform market, competitor, and customer research to identify and capitalize on industry trends, new technology, and regulatory/compliance changes
- Ensure BlackLine solutions promote simplification, accuracy, and an increasingly higher level of productivity for users
- Solicit and track feature requests from various internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain and prioritize product roadmap and backlog, ensuring that new features and products are consistently refined and validated
- Help manage and share product knowledge via BlackLine Community, release notes, internal training, and customer webinars
- Participate in sales and marketing activities including customer roundtables, sales demonstrations, customer advisory board, and user conferences
- Serve as a subject matter expert on BlackLine core system modules including assisting with internal training, Support team education, and product marketing efforts
What You’ll Bring:
- 1-2 years of product management experience with 2-4 years enterprise software involvement
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/business or related technical fields, or equivalent work experience with enterprise Office of Finance applications or accounting firms
- Proficient with Agile methodologies including Scrum and Kanban
- Strong familiarity with enterprise Cloud applications and related technical infrastructure (distributed systems, APIs, licensing models, accessibility, data import/export)
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to gather and transform business requirements and market needs into successful product strategy inputs (Design Thinking experience a plus)
- Develop roadmap priorities, create user stories, and maintain/refine the product backlog
- Work closely with both business and technical resources
- Collaborate across multiple internal stakeholder teams (Customer Office, CloudOps, InfoSec, AppSec) to gather and rank competing priorities
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic, high-growth environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with agile enablement applications
- 10-20% travel to customers and company/industry events as required
- Experience in Financial or Accounting solutions
We’re Even More Excited If You Have:
- Have experience working with AR solutions
- Experience with Jira and Productboard
Thrive At BlackLine Because You Are Joining:
- A technology-based company with a sense of adventure and a vision for the future. Every door at BlackLine is open. Just bring your brains, your problem-solving skills, and be part of a winning team at the world's most trusted name in Finance Automation!
- A culture that is kind, open, and accepting. It’s a place where people can embrace what makes them unique, and the mix of cultural backgrounds and varying interests cultivates diverse thought and perspectives.
- A company who believes in providing the best possible service to its clients, and that starts with offering amazing perks to its employees. These perks include 100% coverage for healthcare, vision, and dental, 401(k) matching, ESPP, food, drinks, games, and so much more!
- A culture where BlackLiners’ continued growth and learning is empowered. BlackLine offers a wide variety of professional development seminars and inclusive affinity groups to celebrate and support our diversity.
BlackLine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws.