Since being founded in 2001, BlackLine has become a leading provider of cloud software that automates and controls the entire financial close process. Our vision is to modernize the finance and accounting function to enable greater operational effectiveness and agility, and we are committed to delivering innovative solutions and services to empower accounting and finance leaders around the world to achieve Modern Finance.
We are a technology-based company with a sense of adventure and a vision for the future. Every door at BlackLine is open. Just bring your brains, your problem-solving skills, and be part of a winning team at the world's most trusted name in Finance Automation. Work, Play and Grow at BlackLine!
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will play a crucial role in building the next generation of the BlackLine application and systems. BlackLine thrives on data and we are investing heavily in being able to sync data between BlackLine and various ERP (GL and subledger data), Bank, Payments, Tax, and Subledger systems. You will be responsible for designing and building connectors to these various systems, while striving for extensibility, usability and scalability of data transfer using a full breadth of data transfer protocols available by each system. You will be be part of a team which drives innovation into our product suite by designing, developing, troubleshooting, maintaining, optimizing and scaling cloud-based integration components, services and frameworks.
In addition to being a hands-on engineer, you will also be the the main expert in connectivity to and functionality of Oracle financials systems as it relates to integrations to BlackLine and the BlackLine products. We’re specifically in need of expertise on the general ledger, accounts payable and accounts receivable modules of the various Oracle ERP systems. This role will merge a solid knowledge of the transactional and general ledgers of Oracle systems with a fast paced, Agile SaaS technology and environment.
If you have a passion for delivering products that make a difference, are driven to make things better in all that you do and are eager to work in a collaborative agile environment where developers are dedicated to solving customer problems and innovating, we would love to talk to you.
- Provide technical expertise for efforts related to integrating BlackLine products to Oracle ERP systems, mainly Oracle EBS and Oracle Fusion. Specific knowledge of the general ledger, accounts receivable and accounts payable systems is crucial.
- Provide technical expertise in the design, development, and delivery of BlackLine’s products, while adhering to timelines, coding standards, requirements, and quality.
- Design, develop, test, troubleshoot, debug, optimize, scale, maintain and improve software applications, driving the delivery of high-quality value and features to BlackLine’s customers. Collaborate with your team on all aspects of development including participation in code reviews, developing functional and technical specifications and strategizing test plans.
- Implement, refine, and follow software development techniques to ensure that delivered features meet software integration, performance, security, and maintainability expectations.
- Research, test, benchmark, and evaluate new tools and technologies, and recommend ways to implement them in product development.
- Maintain high standards of software quality and technical excellence within the team by proactively supporting good practices and habits and writing clean, testable, maintainable, and secure code.
- Proactively identify issues, bottlenecks, gaps, or other areas of concern or opportunity and work to either directly affect change, or advocate for that change by working with peers and leadership to build consensus and take action.
- Perform critical maintenance, deployment, and release support activities, including occasional off-hours support
- Experience installing, administering, or implementing Oracle ERP systems such as Oracle EBS, Oracle Fusion, JD Edwards, or PeopleSoft along with experience using the user interfaces of one or more of these systems.
- Experience with General Ledgers and subledger modules of Oracle ERP systems.
- 4+ years of experience with software development in object-oriented or Oracle database programming languages.
- Experience with data integration and ETL tools
- Experience in building Web Applications, SaaS products, and RESTful APIs.
- A solid computer science foundation including data structures, algorithms, and design patterns, with a proven track record of software design and development.
- Knowledge of Oralce SQL, including stored procedures, data models, and transactional flows.
- Experience with multi-threading and concurrency.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Adaptable team player with strong collaboration skills and a focus on results and value delivery.
- Passion for engineering excellence through automation, unit testing, and process improvements.
- BS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Good knowledge of internet security issues in software design and code.
- FinTech or Financial services domain background
- Experience in service-oriented architecture.
- Prior working experience in Scrum, or other Agile development methodologies