This blog was originally published by SAP. It’s a 5-minute read.
The traditional accounting close can be quite chaotic during a normal quarter, but adding in new responsibilities for Accounting and Finance during a system implementation can create added tension.
SAP clients often benefit from enhanced and early automation, visibility, and control both during and after a transition. This is where SAP Account Substantiation and Automation by BlackLine (SAP Solution Extensions by BlackLine) comes in.
When considering a move to SAP S/4HANA, implementing SAP Solution Extensions by BlackLine as a first step can pay dividends later in the project. Currently, 700+ SAP customers close with SAP Solution Extensions by BlackLine, and many have noted it adds early value to an SAP S/4HANA transition by saving time and reducing manual effort, replacing traditional spreadsheet-heavy processes with leading practices.
SAP Solution Extensions by BlackLine also help unify and standardize key tasks, workflows, and supporting documents in the cloud, driving accountability through visibility with real-time reporting and KPIs, and creating momentum with quick wins.
Customers also find that it streamlines and simplifies their audits by allowing for an auditor self-service approach and reducing the time spent on audit prep and support.
What Are Our Customers Saying?
At SAP, we find that our customers struggle with:
- Limited visibility into status and incomplete tasks
- Disparate systems and processes resulting in complexity and inconsistency
- Audit support and controls documentation that is difficult to access and costly to store
- Heavy reliance on manual, detective controls
- Increased risk of turnover
- Employees feeling underutilized and underdeveloped
- Heavy overtime required on a regular basis
- Little to no ability to absorb new work without headcount increases
- Finance resources supporting other projects/initiatives
SAP Solution Extensions by BlackLine can address these issues and help customers make a seamless move to SAP S/4HANA. Because these solutions can be deployed quickly in the cloud, they can deliver quick time to value.
Starting an SAP S/4HANA move by automating some of your most time-consuming transactional activities frees up finance resources to better support implementation strategies.