Spreadsheets: Know When to Use Them and When to Lose Them
Love them or hate them, spreadsheets are an integral part of your job.
While they can be extremely useful for organizing and displaying data, they can also raise issues and concerns with:
- Unrecognized errors
- Data integrity
- Security of sensitive company data
- Maintenance burden
- Overlooked or permanently lost data
And you know those issues can be costly, both in terms of hard dollars and productivity.
Standard spreadsheets are a great starting point, but they’re not meant to be used in repetitive, collaborative enterprise processes – especially financial processes that your company’s success or failure relies on.
Tune in to this webinar as we further investigate the top five spreadsheet issues and uncover how you can overcome each one.
You will learn:
- When a spreadsheet is the right and wrong tool for a task – and how to make that decision with a simple checklist
- The best alternatives to spreadsheets for finance and accounting management, the tasks each is most suited for and when they are hands-down better than a spreadsheet
- How to protect data before putting it “out there” via email and other electronic means
- Common spreadsheet errors and how to avoid them in your daily work