Kier's Financial Accounting journey within the Shared Services Operation
Kier GBS: Resource Hungry Process Automated with Signification Improvements in Quality while 65% FTE Reduction in Financial Accounting
UK Construction and Property giant Kier set up its Global Financial Services operation in July 2016. Their journey has been one of pace and milestones, consolidating from 12 legacy centres to 1 GBS by mid-2019, commissioning a green field site in Manchester where 90% of 300+ team recruited were new to Kier, rolling out Oracle and enhancing Causeway ERPs, all while driving process standardisation and controls when the industry sector (Construction and Infrastructure) was coming under significant strain.
This webinar focuses on Kier’s Financial Accounting journey within the shared services operation. 46 people sat in the Financial Accounting team in late 2018 with reconciliations and volume based transactional processing supporting the work performed on Excel. At that time, 60% of recs were being captured and the quality measure stood at about c.40%.
This webinar will examine how Dan Foley, Head of GBS, and his R2R Team have achieved:
- An increase to 100% of recs now captured by the Blackline solution
- 96% of recs now signed off by customers
- Balance sheet reconciliation quality volume and value improved to 98% and 99% respectively
- An FTE reduction of 65%, mainly because of the technology, with 16 people now operating in Financial Accounting team
- An FTE reduction of 50% in the Treasury Bank Reconciliation team
- Improving end2end process opportunities
Download or listen to the presentation today to hear this remarkable and inspiring story, and crucially how the results were realised.