AICPA: Getting our Mise En Place - setting our table for the future and developing the right talent
CFOs and finance professionals have been thrust into the center of attention as they are called on to help businesses survive and thrive in these extraordinary times.
The starting point is generally to address the cost effectiveness of our finance teams by using digital solutions. This enables them to spend more time on value creating activities—through the use of greater analytics—and become strategic partners to the business.
While the focus starts with this technology, the key is to then to develop capability, skills, and mindsets to maximize the change. As we do that, we stretch the skills and capacity of overloaded finance teams.
In fact, 90% of CFOs say their teams lack the skills needed for the current environment. The result is a growing talent-performance gap—the difference between sufficient staff capable of value partnering and well versed in leadership, sense-making, collaboration and story-telling and staff lacking these skills.
During this on-demand session, we:
- Discuss how the pandemic has impacted finance functions and what the research is saying
- Identify the top trends and issues on the minds of finance leaders
- Determine the top skills and competencies needed to get the most out the digital tools
- Determine the top skills, competencies, and mindset required to stay relevant and provide increasing value
- Construct a talent game plan to align with changing business needs
CPE Credit: CPE credit was issued for live attendance only.