Manager, Engineering — 12340
Woodland Hills , USA
Depuis sa création en 2001, BlackLine est devenu l'un des principaux fournisseurs de logiciels dans le cloud qui automatisent et contrôlent l'intégralité du processus de clôture financière. BlackLine aspire à moderniser les fonctions comptables et financières afin d'améliorer la productivité des équipes à travers le monde. Dans cet objectif, nous nous engageons à offrir aux responsables financiers les solutions et services innovants dont ils ont besoin pour intégrer le monde de la finance moderne.
We are a technology-based company with a sense of adventure and a vision for the future. Every door at BlackLine is open. Just bring your brains, your problem-solving skills, and be part of a winning team at the world's most trusted name in Finance Automation. Work. Play. Grow. At BlackLine.
The Manager, Engineering t is responsible for leading a talented, cross functional team in enhancing our high performance, cloud-based, SaaS web application. We're looking for people who not only have a strong technical background and interest, but who want to drive innovation in people management, motivation and growth. You’ll be working with and mentoring talented individuals and working closely with other teams and departments to brainstorm, innovate and ultimately deliver the best client integration and user experience. If you don't just see management as the next logical step, but are a passionate, driven leader, you can be a great fit for our team.
- Define and drive an overall unifying vision for the team and its projects, processes, workflows, and related areas through motivation, consensus building and leading change.
- Implement and drive adaptations to team and strategic organizational processes, workflows, and related areas.
- Leverage your technical and domain knowledge to partner with Product representatives and your team in defining project deliverables, presenting innovative solutions and, ultimately, to successfully plan, manage and drive the timely delivery of corporate initiatives.
- Work with Product and technical stakeholders, as well as Project Management, to define project requirements and deliverables, and, ultimately, plan and manage the timely delivery of high quality projects.
- Review and understand core strengths and weaknesses across team members, and proactively engage, mentor, and define goals in order to capitalize upon strengths or mitigate gaps.
- Effectively plan, communicate and conduct presentations (project milestones, risk mitigation, road maps, resource needs, technical information, etc.) for senior management and stakeholders, while conveying and driving actionable items to your team.
- Work closely, partner, and collaborate with our principal architect to provide exceptional solutions that adhere to, or create, standards across teams.
- Manage budget and resources for your team.
- Effectively communicate and resolve personnel issues on your team.
- Contribute to design reviews, code reviews and hands-on work in your respective domain.
- Manage day to day administrative tasks such as time off requests, sick days, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Recent prior experience as a Manager and/or Technical Lead in software development of large-scale web applications, with at least 8 years of experience in your respective domain.
- 2+ years of onsite employee supervisory experience.
- Exceptional communication and people skills, with a passion for product excellence, talent development and mentoring.
- Knowledge of Build, Deployment, and Continuous Integration concepts and best practices, including full SDLC.
- Strong experience in Agile methodology, processes, and best practices.
- Experience in TDD concepts, methodologies, and best practices (i.e., mocks, spies, unit tests, code coverage, etc.). BDD experience is a plus.
- Experience with technical design and hands-on work within a modern OOP-based language (C#, Java, Python, etc.) and related stack.
- Experience in modern Database platforms, including such items as data modeling, stored procedures, schema definitions, performance and scaling considerations.
- Recent experience working with, troubleshooting and tuning across all layers of a modern SaaS, N-Tier, web-based application.
- Understanding of QA standards and best practices, including automation, regression, and smoke testing, white/black-box testing, and related QA processes.
- BS, EE or CS degree is a plus.