Billing Specialist — 12312
Woodland Hills , USA
The Billing Specialist is responsible for handling many day-to-day and month end tasks within the billing function; including invoice preparation, customer account onboarding and maintenance, resolving customer inquiries and disputes, processing of credit memos, and preparation of account reconciliations and journal entries for related accounts. This position also requires excellent organizational and analytical skills to allow for a high level of problem-solving capabilities. In addition, this position will work with other key personnel within the organization to assist in cross-functional billing projects, process improvement initiatives, and procedure documentation. The Billing Specialist is also responsible for preparing various accounting-related reports. The candidate will utilize system tools, including but not limited to SalesForce CPQ/Billing, NetSuite, and Financial Force. This position will take on assignments as designated by the Accounting Manager and be responsible for certain day to day tasks and month-end close responsibilities within the finance and accounting department.
- Prepare and process invoices according to contractual terms.
- Ongoing SAAS invoice preparation for subscription and usage-based services including portal additions and implementation services.
- Ensure accurate and timely customer account onboarding and maintenance.
- Process credit requests ensuring proper approval documentation in place.
- Research and resolve client billing issues on a timely basis.
- Liase with collections team to resolve invoicing matters including rebill and purchase order updates.
- Collaborate with Sales, Product Management, and Renewal teams to resolve discrepancies.
- Prepare accurate, timely journal entries in accordance with input from the accounting department.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance.
- Assist in the preparation of variance explanations as part of the monthly close process for assigned areas.
- Assist in documentation of processes and procedures as needed.
- Provide support for financial statement audit requests and SOX testing.
- Provide assistance in ad-hoc / special projects as required.
- Participate in on-going training and professional development.
- Associate or Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- SAAS/Software company experience highly preferred
- 3-5 years minimum related experience
- Ability to multitask, demonstrating excellent critical thinking skills, problem-solving skills, and a strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Someone with a proactive, self-directed approach and the ability to think creatively and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- A strong work ethic and exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a deadline-driven, team-oriented environment
- Strong knowledge of billing systems and customer relationship management software, preferably NetSuite and Salesforce
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills (including pivot tables and v-lookups)