Director, Data Operations — 12043
Woodland Hills , USA
BlackLine is looking for a Director of Data Operations to join our Cloud Engineering and Operations team. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the very thing that makes BlackLine possible: our data services. You will lead a team of passionate database experts, and as a whole you will drive the evolution of our platform, availability, scalability, and operational efficiencies. At BlackLine, the data our customers trust us with is vital not just because of that trust, but also because of how it used and the power it represents. If you are a believer in the power of data, an agent of change in the DBA world, and looking for a challenge where you can help shape and mold the future of our company, then our fast-paced and growing company will provide ample opportunity for a candidate who can effect change, advocate for improvements, and partner across peers to the success of us all.
- Oversee database capacity management and performance tuning for thousands of clients.
- Lead, retain, and grow a team of database administrators.
- Help define standards for database configuration management, optimization, scaling, resiliency and recovery.
- Lead a 24x7 DBA team, supporting multiple datacenters to ensure the availability of the BlackLine service.
- Develop, apply and promote consistent database management standards through standard processes and SOPs.
- Collaborate with functional managers and stakeholders to propose new solutions that enhance and drive revenue growth.
- Oversee the development of strategies and tools to monitor health and performance of production application and provide feedback to the Cloud, Engineering and Product teams.
- Help design and operate a highly available data as a service platform in large distributed and virtual environments.
- Drive problem resolution to root cause and take initiative in identifying and fixing broken processes.
- BS in Computer Science or a related field.
- Must be an expert in SQL Server design, modeling, implementation, stored procedures and performance tuning.
- 10+ years' experience in the database management or related areas with the ability to manage technical teams.
- Proven leader at building highly effective/high performing teams.
- Familiarity with privacy and security controls in analytics environment.
- Proven ability to work across a wide organization to achieve results based on technical vision.
- Cross-system and full-stack architecture experience and awareness.
- Ability to communicate well with both business owners and technical staff, at the appropriate level for both.
- Strong intra team and cross functional collaboration skills.
- Fundamental knowledge of compute, storage, and networking.
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies and their business application.
- Working knowledge of Linux and/or Windows operating systems.
- Working knowledge of Agile frameworks.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative reasoning skills.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
- ITIL knowledge is a plus.
- Experience with NoSQL databases and cloud database platforms a plus