Principal Software Engineer, Front End — 11674
Woodland Hills , USA
Depuis sa création en 2001, BlackLine est devenu l'un des principaux fournisseurs de logiciels dans le cloud qui automatisent et contrôlent l'intégralité du processus de clôture financière. BlackLine aspire à moderniser les fonctions comptables et financières afin d'améliorer la productivité des équipes à travers le monde. Dans cet objectif, nous nous engageons à offrir aux responsables financiers les solutions et services innovants dont ils ont besoin pour intégrer le monde de la finance moderne.
- Customers First: Meaningfully deliver high-quality value to our customers
- Continuous Improvement: Foster improvements to our work and its quality, our teams, and our company
- Integrity: Honest, collaborative, and supportive, always working to honor our commitments and take pride in our work
- Teamwork: Partnering with and supporting others, leading selflessly, and advocating for our collective success
- Initiative: Capitalize on creative approaches, problem-solving, and building the right things at the right time to deliver the right value to our customers
- Diversity: Open, inclusive, and supportive of all our team members and peers
We are a technology-based company with a sense of adventure and a vision for the future. Every door at BlackLine is open. Just bring your brains, your problem-solving skills, and be part of a winning team at the world's most trusted name in Finance Automation. Work. Play. Grow. At BlackLine.
A line of code can take on many forms—the sublime UI, the intuitive interaction, the error that is never seen because the code was fault-tolerant and done well, or the deployable package that makes us all more efficient and capable—yet it all results in delivering value to our customers by making their lives and their day-to-day tasks easier and as automated as they can be. Yet none of that is possible without those with the passion, experience, and drive to take a UX interface and make it applicable reality, or those who can create robust tools and components that enable our collective success and the success of our users.
As a Principal Front End Software Engineer, you will play a crucial role in delivering value to our customers by defining front end application architecture as well as designing, developing, troubleshooting, maintaining, optimizing and scaling BlackLine’s web application and driving innovation into our product suite.
If you have a passion for delivering products that make a difference, are driven to make things better in all that you do and are eager to work in a collaborative agile environment where people are dedicated to solving customer problems and innovating, then you will be a great fit for the team.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership in technology direction, road-mapping, architecture definition, design, development, and delivery of enterprise-class UI/UX Components for BlackLine’s products, while adhering to timelines, coding standards, requirements, and quality.
- Architect, design, develop, test, troubleshoot, debug, optimize, scale, maintain and improve user facing elements for our applications, driving the delivery of high-quality value and features to BlackLine’s customers. Develop functional and technical specifications, and test plans. Review others’ code. Develop and document functional and technical requirements. Collaborate with other team members and other teams on all of the above.
- Work collaboratively across the company to design, communicate and further assist with adoption of architecture and coding standards and best practices, architectural plans, solve complex UX design and architectural problems.
- Implement, refine, and enforce software development techniques to ensure that delivered features meet software integration, performance, security, and maintainability expectations.
- Research, test, benchmark, and evaluate new tools and technologies, and recommend ways to implement them in product development. Identify and create solutions that are likely to contribute to the development of new company concepts while keeping in mind the business strategy, short- and long-term roadmap, and architectural considerations to support them in a highly scalable and easy extensible manner.
- Actively participate in research, development, support, management and other company initiatives designing solutions to optimally address current and future business requirements and infrastructure plans.
- Inspire a forward-thinking team of developers, acting as an agent of change and evangelist for a quality- first culture within the organization. Mentor and coach key technical staff and guide them to solutions on complex issues.
- Establish strong relationships with company's leadership to ensure the use of technologies are well understood. Act as a conduit for questions and information flow, when those outside of Engineering have ideas for new technology applications.
- Speak in terms relevant to audience, translating technical concepts into non-technical language and vice versa. Facilitate consensus building while striving for win/win scenarios and elicit value-add contributions from all team members in group settings.
- Maintain a strong sense of business value and return on investment in planning, design, and communication.
- Proactively identify issues, gaps, or other areas of concern or opportunity and work to either directly affect change, or advocate for that change by working with peers and leadership to build consensus and take action.
- Perform critical maintenance, deployment, and release support activities, including occasional off-hours support.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of experience with Front End software development.
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in building highly optimized Web Applications.
- 2+ years’ experience in the Application, System, Solution or Data Architecture including strategic IT planning and integration.
- Strong expertise in translating business strategies into technical, strategic and execution plans (road- maps).
- Expert level knowledge in HTML5, CSS3 and CSS preprocessors.
- Strong expertise with MVC/MVVM frameworks and tools (Angular, React, Vue, etc.) and tools (such as npm, node, gulp, etc.).
- Experience with back-end technologies (DOT.NET (C#), Java, WebAP, etc.).
- Fluency in cross-browser development and debugging.
- A solid understanding of computer science foundation including data structures, algorithms, and design patterns related to the Front End development.
- Experience as a technical influencer for highly scalable distributed system designs.
- Experience with performance optimization approaches (caching, CDN,etc.).
- Experience with developing Single Page Applications.
- Experience with source controls tools (git, etc.).
- Experience as a technical lead on significant development initiatives.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Adaptable team player with strong collaboration skills and a focus on results and value delivery.
- Prior working experience in Scrum, or other Agile development methodologies, is preferred.
- Passion for engineering excellence through automation, unit testing, and process improvements.