Manager, Global Compensation — 12206
Woodland Hills , USA
The Manager, Global Compensation is responsible for the design and implementation of global compensation programs that attract and retain talent, drive business outcomes, and rewards employees.
The incumbent partners with and advises People Business Partners and Business Leaders on compensation philosophies, programs, policies and practices. The role provides guidance and tools to effectively meet human capital and financial objectives for the organization while ensuring internal equity, external competitiveness, and compliance with applicable laws.
The successful individual must possess best practices acumen and experience, understanding and experience with executive compensation, and stellar ability to adapt and influence.
- Designing and managing the annual compensation planning process which includes the development and completion of compensation reviews and recommendations related to merit, incentives, promotions, and equity.
- Managing Blackline’s global compensation structure development, base pay programs, and recommending annual salary budgets and providing cost analyses.
- Leading the gathering of insights on competitive pay levels and practices to determine Blackline’s global competitive position in each country we operate. Develop and update quantitative models and formulate recommendations and updates to the compensation structure.
- Partnering and collaborating with business leaders and HR Business Partners on compensation philosophies, programs, policies and practices. Developing solutions for compensation-related issues.
- Collaborating with Talent Acquisition in developing competitive compensation offers for new hires; collecting, analyzing and communicating data on benchmark positions, salary planning budget, and incentives.
- Partnering with Blackline’s HR Technology team to ensure the compensation program is effectively implemented and managed.
- Creating meaningful content and marketing strategies to effectively communicate compensation plans, policies, and practices to the People team, managers, and employees.
- Supporting the design and development of executive compensation programs, including long-term equity awards, compensation committee materials and stock-plan administration.
- Maintaining a current knowledge of internal and external market compensation practices and trends on various topics, including pay and demand trends, organization design approaches, role definition, pay for performance, and legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensuring compliance with federal, state, provincial, and local regulations. Maintaining an awareness of regulatory changes and the potential impact of those changes on current and future compensation requirements.
- BS/BA degree in Finance, Human Resources, or a related field required. MBA preferred.
- 5 plus years of increasingly responsible experience in broad based and executive compensation.
- Significant experience working with HR technology, data interfaces, and reporting.
- Self-motivated and ability to work well within a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Progressive thinker with a flexible, can-do, team-oriented approach.
- Effectively able to navigate through ambiguity and shifting priorities.
- Extensive knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply Federal and Multi-State laws and regulations relating to compensation including FLSA.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical, project management, and process management skills.
- Experience in technology industry a plus.