Vice President, Product Operations and Program Management — 12007
Woodland Hills , USA
The role you are applying for:
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, the Vice President of Product Operations and Program Management is a key leader responsible for ensuring that all programs and projects within the Product & Technology organization are planned, managed, and governed in a consistent, transparent, and disciplined manner.
The position requires an experienced technology professional with the right mix of relevant experience and skills, an ability to flex between the strategic and the tactical, outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and a high level of energy and flexibility to get things done and thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented product development environment. S/he will be a program management leader who embodies BlackLine’s leadership principles of leading by example, communicating openly, enabling and inspiring others, exceling with partners, acting decisively, and collaborating effectively.
- Oversee project and program management disciplines to include SDLC methodology, governance and processes, portfolio financials, PMO resources, Agile training and Scrum coaching, release readiness activities, resource planning, and operational support functions across Product, Engineering, and Cloud organizations.
- Develop and implement consistent methods for portfolio delivery, team structure, financial management, risk management, portfolio/program/project reviews, escalation processes, business case development and cross-functional team leadership.
- Plan, execute, track and manage scope, schedule, and cost for all projects in the portfolio.
- Define and implement the utilization portfolio/program/project performance metrics (KPIs) and indicators for progress utilizing metrics to provide a data-centric view of PMO performance and to direct ongoing improvement efforts that will impact outcomes.
- Communicate and drive adoption and alignment of standards, policies, and procedures across the organization.
- Support the preparation of the organization’s strategic planning and Investment Planning processes.
- Lead M&A technology due diligence and integration related to new products and services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology; a Master's degree preferred
- 12+ years of relevant work experience in either Program, Project or Portfolio management
- 3+ years of experience with Enterprise SaaS solutions and modern web technologies
- Solid general management capability with skills in the following areas: strategy, operational excellence, collaboration and innovation
- Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles
- Independent judgment and mature decision-making skills to deal with programs that often have enterprise-wide scope and may have significant financial and compliance impacts
- Experience in hiring, training, mentoring and managing a project team of 10 or more members
- Exceptional knowledge of Agile/Scrum/Lean principles and practices
- Solid understanding of project management techniques, methodologies, and best practices
- Excellent ability to understand architectural and technical aspects of projects
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills, with a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues to support the strategic goals