Principal Database Engineer — 11999
Woodland Hills , USA
The Principal Database Engineer plays a vital role in the performance, delivery, stability, and security of the databases we use. It is continually driving forward improvements and optimizations at the database layer. As a member of the database team, the Principal Database Engineer will be involved in the planning, development, and maintenance of the database, including troubleshooting issues, collaborating with other teams to define and build new features, and optimizing existing features. This is a collaborative role that drives growth, improves controls and processes, and reduces overhead and complexity. In this role, we are looking for people who are team players, passionate about their areas of expertise, and constantly striving to learn and improve, not just in the sense of their own skills, but also in growing with peers whom they work with day-to-day. If you are someone who strives for excellence in all that they do, including helping those in your team and ultimately delivering the best value and success you can, then we want to talk to you.
- Participate in cross-functional teams and build relationships across the organization.
- Build high-performance, massively-scalable, always-available Cloud-based systems.
- Ensure data integrity and quality in database systems.
- Maintain standard policies for database development activities.
- Provide database solutions based on technical documents and business requirements.
- Provide technical assistance to resolve all database issues related to performance, capacity and access.
- Analyze issues holistically, from the application tier through the database, down to the storage.
- Ensure all deadlines are met and quality is of the highest level throughout the Software Development Life Cycle.
- 10 + years’ experience SQL 2008, 2012, 2014, 2017.
- 5 or more years working in high-transaction environments is required
- Advanced working knowledge of different index types and how they are used: columnstore, full-text, filtered, indexes with include columns
- Advanced Execution Plan understanding
- SSIS/SSRS experience is a strong plus
- Experience with performance tuning and optimization, using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools and techniques, including complex queries as well as procedure and indexing strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Adaptable team-player with a focus on results and value delivery
- Able to organize and plan work independently
- Lead various technology POCs
- Advance understanding of OLTP vs OLAP environments
- Working knowledge of relational database internals (locking, consistency, serialization, recovery paths)
- NoSQL is a plus
- Azure, GCP or AWS are a plus
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications are a plus