Remote, United States
The primary purpose of the Senior Marketing Operations Specialist position is to co-own the Marketo system at BlackLine. This role sets and establishes the infrastructure within Marketo to support Marketing Campaigns across BlackLine. This role also builds and executes on regular Marketo driven campaign assets (webinars, email campaigns, nurture requests, content, etc.). This position also manages a queue of marketing ticket requests. Communicates with all Marketing department team members.
· Design processes and maintain our marketing automation system (Marketo) in support of scalable campaign targeting, lead source attribution, lead segmentation, and lead scoring
· Build and produce repeatable reports on the ROI of all marketing and other funnel activities
· Optimize and document operations strategy and processes
· Manage and deploy campaign elements in other 3rd party platforms with integrations in Marketo – cvent, iCapture, ON24, Integrate, etc.
· Advise, build, deploy, track and report on all types of marketing campaigns – nurture, webinar, content, events, lead scoring, etc
· Act as the primary internal advisor/expert on B2B demand generation campaign set up and best practices
· Build and execute complex campaign requests per the needs of internal marketing partners
· Work with campaign managers to analyze the performance of programs – lead scoring rules, campaign performance and optimization of lead flows
· Manage individual project requests from intake to deployment using best practice project management skills
· Continuously improve data intake and management workflows, including list cleansing, list uploads and overall marketing database hygiene.
· Act as the primary system administrator to support ongoing management of the Marketo database
· Monitor lead creation and flows within Marketo and Salesforce
· Manage vendors and 3rd party integrations with Marketo
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· 6 years in demand generation/marketing operations
· 6 years hands-on experience working with various marketing and sales platforms: Marketo and Salesforce.com experience required
· 4 years of experience as a Marketo system admin
· B2B marketing background with experience in marketing automation, lead processing (including lead scoring), marketing database, and email compliance
· Successful track record of implementing and managing marketing automation systems and associated integrations
· Strong ability to work cross functionally
· Demonstrated advanced Marketo skills.
· Excellent planning and project management skills
· Ability to look ahead to meet regular deadlines and predict and prevent last minute fires
· Advanced Excel skills, including V-lookups, Pivot tables, and data reporting
· High attention to detail with high volume output
· Must be highly driven and self-motivated for a fast-paced evolving environment
· BA/BS in marketing, business or computer science
· Marketo Certified is required
· Knowledge of API connectors for integration between Marketo and other systems/databases
· Ability to write HTML preferred