As a Staff Engineer, you will play a crucial role in building the next generation of BlackLine application and data platform with the focus on SAP ERP integration components.
You will be driving innovation into our product suite by designing, developing, troubleshooting, maintaining, optimizing and scaling cloud-based SAP and BlackLine components, services and frameworks, including but not limited to the use of SAP Odata services, SAPRFC over SOAP, Event Bus, API Gateway, Job Scheduler, Identity Management, Search, Workflow Orchestration and Data Integration.
If you have a passion for delivering products that make a difference, are driven to make things better in all that you do and are eager to work in a collaborative agile environment where developers are dedicated to solving customer problems and innovating, we would love to talk to you.
• Provide technical expertise and leadership in requirements analysis, design, effort estimation, development, testing and delivery of highly scalable and secure products.
• Work with product management, architects and other engineering teams to understand stated and unstated needs and turn them into functional and technical requirements.
• Maintain a strong sense of business value and return on investment in planning, design, and communication.
• Lead technical design and architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions while making appropriate trade-offs on technology, functionality, robustness, performance and extensibility.
• Estimate the project scope and timelines, and consistently deliver on those commitments.
• Design, develop, test, optimize, scale, maintain and improve highly scalable and secure distributed backend services while adhering to requirements, coding and quality standards.
• Develop functional and technical specifications, and test plans.
• Participate hands-on in implementation of components of products.
• Mentor and coach colleagues, lead by example for them, and guide them to solutions on complex design issues and do peer code reviews.
• Help in project planning by identifying cross-team dependencies and effort estimation.
• Implement, refine, and enforce software development techniques to ensure that delivered features meet software integration, performance, security, and maintainability expectations.
• Research, test, benchmark, and evaluate new tools and technologies, and recommend ways to implement them in product development.
• Maintain high standards of software quality and technical excellence within the team by establishing good practices and writing clean, testable, maintainable, and secure code.
• Proactively identify issues (by analyzing monitor functions), bottlenecks, gaps, or other areas of concerns or opportunities and work to either directly affect change, or advocate for that change.
• Perform critical maintenance, deployment, and release support activities, including occasional off-hours support
Years of Experience in Related Field: 4+ years of knowledge of Web apps, usage of Cloud SDK’s, RESTful APIs and microservices.
Education: BS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Fluent in Java and the will to expand your skills for other languages
· Fluent in SaaS programming and service-oriented architecture
· Superior analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Technical influencer in design and architecture; abstract thinker
· Fluent in the utilization of fundamental OO concepts of the Responsibility Driven Design (RDD), proven experience with utilization of design patterns, reusable components, and frameworks.
· A solid computer science foundation including data structures, algorithms, and design patterns, with a proven track record of writing high concurrency, multi-threaded, secure, scalable code.
· Familiar with internet security issues in software design and code.
· Experience with SQL, data modeling and transactional flows.
· Experience with SAP ABAP
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to prepare and conduct presentations and meetings.
· Ability to plan and drive execution of realization projects for products/features.
· Ability to coach and support team members.
· Adaptable team player with strong collaboration skills and a focus on results and value delivery.
· Experience working in an Agile development environment.
· Passion for engineering excellence through automation, unit testing, and process improvements.
· You are a visionary!
· FinTech or Financial services domain background
· Know how to deliver RESTful (micro)services
· Apache NiFi flow automation
· Experience with a public cloud (AWS, Azure, or GCP) and good understanding of cloud-native services
· Experience in Test driven Design and Mocking concept, Kubernetes