Scrum Masters are responsible for the overall focus of work and individual tasks and priorities in the course of projects. They provide constant attention and support to the project team itself to enable the team to work efficiently, collaborate with each other and their peers, and be successful as a group. Scrum Masters help establish and track key performance indicators related not just to a given project's overall health, but also the team's cohesion and work load. Additionally, Scrum Masters provide timely and accurate status reports as to the overall state of a given period of work not just upwards to executive management and stakeholders, but also to the team itself in order to foster empowerment, ownership, improvements and changes based on the team's own feedback as well as the impact the team has on its own work and unity.
- Work with the Engineering Manager of a software development team to focus the team's work effort, address risks/areas of concerns, provide feedback, and support the health of the team as a whole
- Facilitate and maintain consistent and beneficial Agile Process methodologies within a software development team by conducting daily standups, sprint retrospective, sprint planning, grooming/demo sessions, etc.
- Provide regular status reports for executive management detailing overall project health: time/task tracking, risks, completions, capacity issues, roadblocks, and other key performance indicators as required
- Work with Product Owners and related Stakeholders to identify and clarify priority of project-related tasks and overall project order
- Work with Technical Leads within the software development team and requirement teams (UX, Product, etc.) in order to ensure collaboration and timely deliverability of clear requirements, use cases, user stories, wireframes, product specifications, and other required artifacts needed for the overall success of a project
- Helps determine and maintain overall team velocity and capacity with regards to the team's Roadmap of projects and planning/prioritization
- Proactive escalation of issues of concern or risk related to deliverables, able to work with Stakeholders and Engineering Manager to address or mitigate such issues
- Works with a single team and is focused on the successful processes and outcomes related to that team
- Works with the Product Owner to ensure that the team's backlog is well groomed and actionable for the team
- 2-4 years
- BS, EE or CS degree or equivalent
- Clear and articulate communication, as well as being able to tailor communications to the intended audience to ensure understanding
- Proactive and focused individual who is results-oriented and focuses on positive outcomes through flexibility and adaptability
- Able to understand and leverage the strengths of team members to drive results. In other words, one whose goal is to facilitate success overall as opposed to one who has to have the right answer themselves
- Facilitates the success of projects by supporting, coordinating, and enabling team efficiencies via Agile Methodologies, and empowerment of the team and its activities
- Able to help mentor, expose, and train a given team on adoption and usage of Agile processes
- 2 or more years of experience with the Software Development Lifecycle
- 3 or more years of experience with Agile Methodology Processes (i.e., SCRUM, Kanban) and the related benefits, specifically including at least working experience with SCRUM methodologies
- 3 or more years of experience with developing and maintaining Web Applications
- 4 or more years of experience with Office Documents: Word, Excel, etc.
- 3 or more years of experience with collaboration/knowledge-base tools: Confluence, MediaWiki, Alfresco, etc.
- 3 or more years of experience with Job Tracking/Issue Tracking tools: Jira, Asana, Basecamp, FogBugz, Trac, etc.
- 3 or more years of experience with Project Planning tools: MS Project, Omniplan, ActiveCollab, FoxPlan, etc.
- 3 or more years of experience with iterative cross-team handoffs/artifacts, such as Wireframes, PRDs, process/flow diagrams, etc.
- Works with overall coordination from more senior Scrum Master staff regarding organization-wide project processes
- Responsible for ensuring consistent processes, practices, and methodologies
- Work is occasionally reviewed by senior staff
- Works directly with the Engineering Manager to receive and inform overall goals and priorities, and tailored support of overall processes within the team
Work is primarily sedentary in nature; no special demands are required.