The Risk Manager position will support the Senior Director, Risk Management to develop, plan, design, monitor, and implement global risk management processes and programs at BlackLine. This role will support the Senior Director, Risk Management to assist leadership to identify and assess key risks (e.g., operational, compliance, financial and strategic); propose, discuss and align on mitigation strategies with management, and report results to the executive leadership team and the board of directors.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Support Risk Management in the assessment of risks while building out BlackLine’s enterprise wide, global risk management strategy, objectives and policies.
- Support Risk Management to mature the ERM framework, tools, and business processes to achieve successful risk identification, assessment, management and monitoring aligned with industry best practice standards.
- Develop effective working relationships to support cooperative responses to risk management matters and issues in their functional areas.
- Enhance business continuity, enhance the vendor/third party risk management process, and global insurance oversight.
- Assist with the global insurance oversight collaborating with the insurance broker to ensure optimal coverage.
- Work in close partnership with Internal Audit, InfoSec/GRC, and Compliance teams ensure appropriate cross function program connectivity and continuity to facilitate cooperative responses to key risk and opportunity areas.
- Provide training to promote the risk culture within BlackLine, focusing on the risks that matter, awareness, ownership, and accountability.
- Monitor the operational risk management, including the continued development and rollout of BlackLine’s Business Continuity Plan in collaboration with Infosec, Real Estate/Workplace and other departments.
- Assist with the corporate-wide global insurance coverage strategy and policy program, including property and casualty, cybersecurity, EPLI, and D&O, including the selection of insurance brokers.
Years of Experience in Related Field: 4-6 years
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong analytical skills, knowledge of analytical risk models, and ability to develop risk dashboards and associated metrics to identify and quantify risks and present actionable conclusions to management and/or the board of directors
- Knowledge of global risk frameworks related to risk identification, assessment, mitigation and monitoring.
- Experience with insurance policy programs.
- Proficient with PowerPoint, with ability to produce and present clear reports and presentations
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication presentation skills