BlackLine, a rapidly growing financial software company, is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our Revenue Accounting team. The Senior Accountant is responsible for handling many day-to-day and month end tasks within the accounting department; including account reconciliations, data entry and management of accounting systems. This position requires a level of independent thinking and above average analytical skills to allow for high level problem-solving.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for creating and preparing various accounting related reports while working with other key personnel within the organization to assist in the design, implementation and ongoing management of analytical data from system tools, including but not limited to Zuora, SalesForce.com and NetSuite. This position will take on assignments as designated by the Sr Accounting Manager and be responsible for certain day to day tasks and financial preparation responsibilities within the finance and accounting department.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Prepare accurate, timely journal entries in accordance with our established schedule and with input from the rest of the accounting department.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare flux and variance explanations as part of the monthly close process for assigned areas.
- Optimize processes and procedures for scalability.
- Provide support for the annual financial statement audit and SOX testing
- Play a key role in general process improvements.
- Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and other issues that should be brought to the Accounting Manager’s attention
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls.
- Assist in the department’s use of Salesforce, NetSuite and Zuora.
- Provide assistance in ad-hoc / special projects as required.
Years of Experience in Related Field: 4-5 years
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Ability to multitask, demonstrating excellent critical thinking skills, problem-solving skills and a strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Someone with a proactive, self-directed approach, ability to think creatively and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- A strong work ethic and exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a deadline-driven, team-oriented environment
- Experience with NetSuite preferred
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Full time and overtime when month end close