The Director, Site Reliability Engineer is responsible for building and supporting our cloud organization in India. This individual will be responsible for recruiting, attracting and identifying top talent to join our SRE, DEVOPS and Cloud Engineering functions. In addition this person will be a key leader in the cloud management team. They will partner with cloud leaders to enable 24/7 follow the sun processes and drive key strategic initiatives for the cloud organization.
The Director of SRE will enable 24/7 coverage for all blackline products and help manage customer needs globally. The person will have the following duties:
- Ensure applications meet or exceed the SLI, SLO and SLA’s set out for the products and that we are continuously optimizing existing and future code to address application availability, performance, observability and security.
- Develop and implement an Observability strategy focused on Metrics, Logging, and Tracing/APM capabilities
- Streamline and simplify release management and release operations to be automated, 0 downtime and without configuration defects
- Handle patching and releases for our products orchestrating them across the timezones and datacenters
- Work with local engineering teams on dev/test environments and ensuring alignment for devops practices, IaC and release codes
- Advocates for change across the organization. Ensures the implementation of change with appropriate communications, goals, resources, metrics, and reviews.
- Passionate about SRE and implementing high performance SRE teams that deliver on Availability, Metrics and Scalability needs of our customers and engineering partners.
- Empathy for working with support teams to identify and remedy pain points.
- Expertise in reliable and repeatable web application deployment and architecture.
- Proven track record of building and managing high performing SRE organizations and teams across multiple time zones and geographies.
- Strong ownership, pride of work, and ability to take things across the finish line. Someone can see around corners and who finishes well.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Manage on-call rotations across continents, using a follow-the-sun model.
- Strong intra team and cross functional collaboration skills.
- 10+ years industry experience and 5+ years in a managerial role.
- 5+ years of experience leading an SRE or equivalent team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Prior C#, ASP.NET, Python, Go or Java development experience, preferably in an agile SaaS environment.