The Senior Alliances Marketing Manager will be the owner and driver of marketing strategy, the execution of go-to-market programs and awareness campaigns with, to and through BlackLine’s strategic alliance partners serving the enterprise and middle market segments the region.
As the first point of contact for alliance marketing in the region, this manager will be a masterful cross-functional team collaborator across BlackLine and its alliance partners while owning multiple channels that support and enable our growing partner network.
The candidate will have a demonstrated history of building strategic plans and programs, served in an Alliance/Channel marketing role or similar in a SAAS/Technology organization for 10 years, bringing expertise, experience, and insights to the role.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Drive, own and track the marketing with/to/through strategy for the region’s Alliance Partners
- Drive, own and track top alliance partners marketing strategy, programs, and KPIs tied to specific business objectives, goals of the partnership, and the return on investment for respective programs
- Partner closely with the Field Alliances Team to create awareness within the region to and with our partners. This may include regional tours/visits, attending/co-driving events with partners
- Share the power of our alliances through assets that tell stories around our wins, partnerships, and people spotlights within BlackLine and to our partners
- Be the liaison between alliance partners and BlackLine for BlackLine and/or partner hosted events and sponsorships—with the ability to drive/co-drive events when relevant
- Create and/or discover opportunities for BlackLine and alliance partners to participate—both BlackLine and/or partner led
- Recommend the right partner for strategic initiatives across product marketing, programs marketing, corporate marketing, global events, digital marketing, PR.
- Execute legal agreements tied to events, sponsorships, partner marketing activities
- Manage co-funding/MDF execution and coordination for partners owned
- Measure, assess and report out the effectiveness of programs and activities
Years of Experience in Related Field: 10 years demonstrated experience in an Alliances/Channel marketing role, or similar serving a growing alliance/channel partner ecosystem
Education: Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or a related field, MBA preferred
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM system and Marketo or other similar marketing automation platform, Kapost
- Experience working within partner portal platforms or similar partner service tools
- 20 – 30 % travel
- 10 years demonstrated experience in an Alliances/Channel marketing role or similar serving a growing alliance/channel partner ecosystem
- Strategic thinker that ties strategies back to business case, BlackLine/Alliance goals and outcomes
- Experience with legal agreement administration and negotiation around events, sponsorships, or similar agreements
- Ability to use data and insights to inform or build a business case
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills; ability to take initiative and juggle several projects at the same time to meet tight deadlines
- Exhibit a high level of drive, enthusiasm, initiative, commitment, and professionalism
- Self-starter able to work independently with minimal supervision and guidance
- Must be a team player and collaborate well across departments