Roles and Responsibility
- Track global data privacy regulatory developments, and develop and implement responses in consultation with Legal Department leadership and other company functions.
- Assist commercial counsels with negotiation of data protection and privacy aspects of customer agreements, including DPAs, BAAs.
- Provide legal counsel to the Marketing department in relation to direct marketing compliance.
- Perform periodic data impact assessments to identify and mitigate privacy and security risks.
- Work with the RFP team to respond to privacy questions, and develop and deliver training on standard responses.
- Design privacy and data protection training, including annual company-wide privacy training.
- Assist with annual privacy program evaluation, including renewal of relevant ISO certifications in close collaboration with the Information Security team.
- Respond to data subject requests and other privacy related inquiries from third parties.
Years of Experience in Related Field: At least 3-5 years global privacy legal experience managing a global privacy program.
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated expertise in EU privacy laws (including the GDPR and the ePrivacy Directive). CIPP/E or equivalent privacy certification strongly preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- International work experience a plus.
- Additional language skills (French, German, Spanish) a plus
- Creative thinker with a process-oriented working style and enthusiasm. Ability to work independently while also being a strong collaborator. Ability to establish and maintain strong partnerships with key stakeholders. Outstanding verbal and written communication skills a must.
- Law degree (JD or equivalent)