This position is responsible for implementing various aspects of Software Performance Testing & Engineering practices, working alongside product delivery teams, DBAs and marketing teams collecting Non-Functional Requirements (NFRs) for various aspects of the software. These NFRs will be used to create product centric Test Strategies for Performance Test Execution and Delivery. The position will be responsible for quality and on-time delivery of the overall solution to production.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the Identification of scope, design the performance test strategy, test planning, test development and execution
- Work alongside the IT & Non-IT Domain teams like DevOps, Engineering, DBA and Product in defining/validating the non-functional requirements (SLOs - Service Level Objectives, SLIs - Service Level Indicators, and CUJ’s (Critical User Journey’s))
- Manages and coordinates the test execution across Technology, including the risks and issues related to Performance test delivery
- Closely collaborates with Infrastructure and DBAs for real time performance monitoring. Performs database load testing for performance, reliability, and scalability using varying user load and able to identify opportunities to improve the database performance
- Integrates the performance tests with the deployment pipeline to continuously evaluate the system performance (Continuous Integration)
- Communicates the performance trends to the senior management at a regular interval and/or a need basis through dashboards
- Leads the analysis of the current technology environment and production defects to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for performance improvements
- Shares performance perspectives particularly for new or shared infrastructure and architecture solutions. Be a consulting point for application or infrastructure development projects on performance and non-functional requirements
- Understands technology trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable improvements and innovations on the company's technology platform overall's technical performance.
- Works in an onsite/offshore environment and may lead people
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field.
- 6 years of demonstrable relevant IT work experience including application development / engineering, administration and support, and technical performance testing and management
- Experience designing and executing performance testing for B2B Payments processing platform (Web, APIs, Microservices & Database) is required
- Hands-on experience with tools like AppDynamics, Data Dog for real time database monitoring
- Strong experience in performance testing the MS SQL and Oracle databases
- Proven background in performance and Non-functional requirements testing from strategy to execution
- Experience of delivering performance tests for Monolith applications to Microservices. Experience working in cloud environments is highly valued.
- Hands-on experience working under agile methodologies and DevOps environments. Proficient working with DevOps tool chains (ADO - AzureDevOps) and CI/CD software delivery models, particularly with Performance tools such as Gatling, jMeter, Locust
- Demonstrate your prior experiences in bringing new tools or created your own tool to solve complex problems
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in enterprise-grade production environment.
- Previous experience with a variety of performance testing tools and technologies.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience (10 years).