Sydney or Melbourne, Australia
The Senior SAP Value Architect will support sales & service efforts working closely with customers, partners as well as BlackLine’s product and marketing teams to close large deals. They must possess deep expertise in SAP financial products (i.e. SAP ECC , SAP S/4HANA, SAP Group Reporting, SAP Closing Cockpit, SAP Advanced Financial Closing Cockpit), finance operating models, cloud based financial software and finance transformation.
In addition, they should have experience in solution architecture, business process documentation, product requirement documentation, functional experience in discussing and documenting integrations, information security concepts and data flows (i.e. SFTP integrations, API integrations,) and an understanding of middle wares / data hubs (including but not limited to: SAP Process Integration, SAP Process Orchestration, SAP Cloud Platform Integration, SAP Business Technology Platform). A working knowledge of the BlackLine Cloud and Smart Close product usage and implementation is necessary. They will be responsible for serving as an internal source of knowledge for other sales and pre-sales team members when it comes to functional and technical expertise. Finally, they will serve as an interface between customers/prospects and both the BlackLine and SAP product organizations to ensure new requirements and potential use cases are documented and socialized appropriately.
· Supporting Sales: The Senior SAP Value Architect will work closely with BlackLine Sales, SAP Sales, Product and Services throughout the entire deal lifecycle. They will lead the in-depth workshops and engagement aspects of the pursuit through to the final proposal.
· The Senior SAP Value Architect will be the primary customer facing resource to cover integration and technical SAP topics during the sales cycle.
· Senior SAP Value Architect will be a primary source of enablement for SAP Sales & Presales educating SAP stakeholders in complimentary value of BlackLine solutions to support and grow the market.
· Senior SAP Value Architect will lead the BlackLine effort for complex technical requirements and interaction with Strategic, Key accounts will be a focus to drive large deals sizes and transaction volumes.
· Develop relationships with SAP Industry Value Engineers and other relevant industry specific SAP sales resources.
· Build/maintain industry expertise as it pertains to SAP & BlackLine complementary solutions.
· Delivery & Support: The Senior SAP Value Architect is responsible for maintaining the key client relationships they established during the sale process to ensure we are meeting expectations throughout delivery and support. They will also help drive the client roadmap working closely with implementations, customer success managers, and the product team.
· Business Value Assessments: The Senior SAP Value Architect is responsible for supporting Business Value workshops and Business Cases that include ROI analysis and solution roadmaps.
· Proof of Concept: The Senior SAP Value Architect is responsible for supporting Proof of Concept work when required to accelerate closing of large opportunities.
· Go-to-Market Assets: The Senior SAP Value Architect will own the ongoing development of our SAP technical resources such as documenting, and training of the SAP connector changes. In addition, they will lead the ongoing training to our broader community of Solution Consultants as well as other SAP Value Architects. Working closely with Product, MDM Team and Services they will assist in the development of other assets (e.g., workshop enablers, use cases, technical competitive comparisons, technical sales/partner training, whitepapers, webcasts, robust demo scenarios, etc.) and help with evangelizing our product.
· Hands-on: The Senior SAP Value Architect is expected to roll up their sleeves and fill gaps where necessary to make the product successful for our clients by identifying needs and working with product to align on BlackLine/SAP enhancements. · Product Development: The Senior SAP Value Architect will drive SAP specific development strategy by partnering with Solution Management and Product Teams by providing guidance with respect to critical capabilities that are required for SAP customers. This includes scoping and mapping product integrations between SAP and BlackLine.
• 4 year degree in Accounting/Finance or related technical field
• 10+ years combined experience in Accounting/Finance, Finance Transformation and Financial Systems related positions
• Experience selling and managing large transformational projects at strategic accounts
• Experience creating and delivering compelling presentations
• Previous experience as a consultant focused on process improvement and technology enablement
• High degree of BlackLine and SAP product knowledge (Implementation, System Administration or Project Management)
•Ability to travel up to 50%
Work is primarily sedentary in nature; no special demands required