BlackLine is a global market leader in the Fintech space providing cloud technology solutions and analytics that helps companies modernize and transform Finance and Accounting financial operations with intelligent automation, ensuring more accurate and insightful financial statements and a more efficient financial close process. More than 3,700 companies around the world trust BlackLine to help ensure balance sheet integrity and confidence.
Who You Are:
We're looking for a dynamic and seasoned Software Engineer in Test. This position will play a crucial role in the success of our company by contributing to and driving, high-quality releases and value delivery to our customers.
You will be testing SAP-based and web-based applications, RESTful APIs, and providing support to the Software Engineers in an agile software development environment.
Your attention to detail, tenacity, creative problem-solving, and forward-thinking will directly impact the company's success, and the success of your peers and across the organization.
By following and evangelizing quality standards, and SDLC processes related to quality, you will be able to make an impact on adoption, and meaningful change management in the organization and help drive our culture to quality and customer-first mentality.
Your Next Challenge:
What You'll Need:
- Independently identify and assess risks and develop mitigation steps and processes to be put in place for projects, while collaborating on technical designs, management of dependencies, and efficacy of valid test data to ensure successful and high-quality deliverables.
- Assist with creating UI and API automation utilizing tools and frameworks to ensure future automation coverage of all features.
- Execute QA forensics and detailed root cause analysis of test failures, reported defects, and performance and scalability issues.
- In conjunction with leadership, execute QA compliance objectives and appropriate metrics to measure success.
- Assist with defining and implementing quality standards, processes, and procedures that ensure the highest quality deliverables.
- Collaborate with QA, Product, and Engineering leadership, as well as other stakeholders, to ensure that all user stories, product definitions, technical specifications, and acceptance criteria are clear and follow the established processes and standards.
- Author high-quality test plans, test cases, and supporting documentation.
- Identify gaps, issues, or other areas of concern, and proactively define, propose, and enact process and workflow improvements to mitigate such issues.
- Partner with leadership, peers, and stakeholder teams throughout the organization to support meaningful change and adaptation, with a constant focus on improving the, what and how of Quality within BlackLine.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Accounting or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3+ years experience in hands-on test automation development.
- 2+ years of hands-on working experience with SAP setup of test environments and data.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in SAP, Web Application, SaaS, and RESTful API testing.
- 3+ years of functional experience in SAP FI/CO module, specifically: General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Asset Accounting, Cost Elements, Cost Centers, Profit Centers, COPA, knowledge of SAP Tax process.
- Intermediate understanding of programming languages, preferably Java and C#.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with engineers, product owners, and development managers, as well as other teams across the organization.
- Working knowledge and experience with the range of quality concepts and best practices (e.g., black, white, and gray-box testing; performance; bug-tracking, etc.)
- Experience in S/4HANA Public Cloud.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience working with tools such as Selenium or Cucumber.
- Previous experience working in an Agile, specifically SCRUM environment.
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
Thrive at BlackLine:
- We offer comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible time off
- Paid Holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability and so much more!
We're looking for all kinds of people.
BlackLine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws. Work is primarily sedentary in nature; no special demands are required.