We’re looking for a Network Engineer who will design and provide operational support for highly complex data center networks which include multiple data centers and cloud providers. In this role, the engineer will design and implement network solutions according to business requirements, interact with vendors, and collaborate with teams throughout the organization. The engineer will also perform network installation, maintenance, upgrades, and troubleshooting for a variety of networking devices. This includes routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, etc.
- Provide superb support with a customer-first attitude.
- Implement local and global IP networks for LAN, WAN and Data Center environments.
- Ensure performance and availability of production network infrastructure and telecommunications services.
- Provide expertise, technical guidance and support to fellow production operations team members.
- Design, deploy and maintain network management, monitoring, caching and load balancing solutions.
- Collaborate with server engineering, application engineering, and information security to ensure seamless operation of network services and timely capacity and security upgrades.
- Develop and maintain operational documentation and sensible infrastructure performance metrics.
- Interact with vendors and service providers; evaluate and recommend upgrades and new technologies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an IT or engineering discipline or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 8+ years of experience in related field
- Progressive experience in building and maintaining networks, including hands-on experience with high-availability, high-performance redundant infrastructures.
- Experience with cloud networking is preferred (AWS, GCP and/or Azure)
- Experience with firewall configuration and management (Palo Alto Network, Cisco ASA and Panorama)
- Advanced knowledge of Threat Protection, URL Filtering, SSL decryption, IPsec VPN Tunnels, NAT and PBF/PBR
- Proven experience in Data Center Routing and Switching (Cisco Nexus, VPC, VRF)
- LAN/WAN routing and Layer 2 & 3 switching (OSPF, BGP, STP, VLAN).
- Experience deploying load balancing technologies from scratch, virtual and physical (F5 preferred).
- Run and support of load balancing technologies. Including creating VIPs, iRules and troubleshooting failures.
- Ability to maintain accurate documentation and adhere to change management principles.
- Thorough knowledge of network hardware, software, OSI Layer1-7 protocols and services, TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, IPSec, QoS, and SSL
- History of success working with data center, circuit and telco providers
- Experience with network and application monitoring tools (SolarWinds, AppDynamics, New Relic)
- Good working knowledge of network security tools and technologies (firewalls, access control, encryption, multifactor authentication and IDS/IPS).
- Advanced problem solving and troubleshooting skills, packet capture, protocol analysis and performance diagnostics.
- Working knowledge of web technologies, Operating Systems, Active Directory, databases and scripting.
- Ability to effectively communicate with audiences of various levels and backgrounds, both verbally and in written form.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Version control (GIT, BitBucket, GitHub, etc.)
- Certified in one or more of the following CCNP and/or JNCIP
- ITIL Foundations
- Experience with one or more programming/scripting languages
Thrive at BlackLine:
At BlackLine, every door is open. BlackLine offers a wide variety of professional development seminars and inclusive affinity groups to celebrate and support our diversity. We are a culture that is kind, open, and accepting. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion because of a conviction that every voice holds value. Our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.
- We offer comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible time off
- Paid Holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability and so much more!
We're looking for all kinds of people.
BlackLine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws. Work is primarily sedentary in nature; no special demands are required. #LI-NR1#LI-REMOTE