This Senior Alliances Marketing Manager serves two of BlackLine’s growing partner segments: Cloud and Technology Partners and Solution Provider Partners. In this dual role this manager will partner across BlackLine’s global Alliance organization, marketing, events, and sales teams to develop and execute programs and processes that accelerate growth for BlackLine and the respective partners.
As first point of contact for BlackLine’s Cloud and Technology partners this individual will own the marketing relationship and strategy. This will include executing joint go-to-market and annual strategies aligned with the joint business goals of the partnership.
This role will also own the marketing strategy for the growing, global Solution Provider Partner Program. You will be charged with activating this partner segment around marketing enabling them to grow their BlackLine practice in their respective market/region.
The ideal candidate will have served in an Alliance/Channel marketing role or similar in a SAAS/Technology organization for 10 years, bringing expertise, experience, and insights to the role.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
Cloud and Technology Marketing:
- Develop an annual marketing plan identifying and mapping opportunities with Cloud and Tech partners within NA and other respective regions
- Drive joint marketing plans with key partners that include BlackLine led and partner led programs, driving awareness and demand generation aligned with the goals of the alliance
- Own and document current co-messaging and co-positioning around the partnership for enablement, thought-leadership, and go-to-market assets
- Partner across BlackLine marketing to execute BlackLine’s participation at tradeshows and events hosted by a partner or attending with a partner
- Own gathering and reporting out post event and campaign outcomes
Solution Provider Marketing:
- Own the global marketing program strategy for BlackLine’s Solution Provider network, regionalizing when appropriate enabling all Solution Providers globally to be engaged and actively marketing to their base
- Develop, implement, and maintain core self-serve go-to-market packages, tools, and resources
- Develop an onboarding marketing program for new/newer Solution Provider Partners
- Integrate and make available best practices, adaptable global content and programs that can be regionalized
- Keep partners active and engaged to drive their own successful marketing programs i.e. quarterly updates, videos and short webinars
- Partner closely with Alliance counterparts in EMEA and APAC to keep partners engaged and regionalizing programs and assets when appropriate
- Leverage BlackLine’s Partner Portal to build out and centralize all Marketing Resources making it easy for partner to access and implement
- Manage co-funding budget execution and coordination for partners owned
- Measure, assess and report out the effectiveness of programs and activities
Years of Experience in Related Field: 10 years demonstrated experience in an Alliances/Channel marketing role, or similar serving a growing alliance/channel partner ecosystem
Education: Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or a related field, MBA preferred
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM system and Marketo or other similar marketing automation platform, Kapost
- Experience working within partner portal platforms or similar partner service tools
- Availability to attend meetings outside of North America business hours when needed
- 5-10% travel
- Click or tap here to enter text.
- 10 years demonstrated experience in an Alliances/Channel marketing role or similar serving a growing alliance/channel partner ecosystem
- Strategic thinker that ties strategies back to business case, BlackLine/Alliance goals and outcomes
- Ability to use data and insights to inform or build a business case
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills; ability to take initiative and juggle several projects at the same time to meet tight deadlines
- Exhibit a high level of drive, enthusiasm, initiative, commitment, and professionalism
- Self-starter able to work independently with minimal supervision and guidance
- Must be a team player and collaborate well across departments