It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing!
At Blackline, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications.
Since being founded in 2001, BlackLine has become a leading provider of cloud software that automates and controls the entire financial close process. Our vision is to modernize the finance and accounting function to enable greater operational effectiveness and agility, and we are committed to delivering innovative solutions and services to empower accounting and finance leaders around the world to achieve Modern Finance.
Being a best-in-class SaaS Company, we understand that bringing in new ideas and innovative technology is mission-critical. At BlackLine we are always working with new, cutting-edge technology that encourages our teams to learn something new and expand their creativity and technical skillset that will accelerate their careers.
We are seeking a deeply experienced Staff Cloud Engineer to lead the development of new Cloud native tools and services with extensive experience with Infrastructure as code (IAC). As Staff Cloud Engineer, you will work as the technical lead to design, build, and manage various cloud initiatives designed for flexibility, scalability, and resiliency to support current and future business needs of all the Blackline products in an automated, repeatable way. You will also design, build, and maintain processes and components of a data pipeline to support analytics, focusing on data quality and governance, pipeline performance, and best practices for democratized data access. You will also collaborate and influence across partner teams on design and architecture with our IAC principles and make recommendations for improvements.
If you’re an expert in DevOps principles, Containers, Event driven technology, traditional data warehousing, ETL, and/or big data pipeline and processing, you’re exactly who we’re seeking. Technical capabilities aside, if you’re a self-starter who’s comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big without overlooking minute details, and who thrives in a fast-paced environment, you’re perfect for our team.
You’ll Get To:
- Lead global design and build tools to democratize access to the cloud.
- Templatize and orchestrate the public cloud to deliver easily consumable services.
- Maintain platforms including Kubernetes, Kafka, and Airflow.
- Use a security-first approach in designing the architecture to ensure compliance and operational risk standards. (E.g. Network, firewall, OS, Logging, Monitoring, Availability, Resiliency)
- Work and mentor others including with the wider IT teams and business units.
- Maintain high standards of documentation and adhere to processes and standards.
What You’ll Bring:
- 12+ years experience working in the public Cloud AWS or GCP. (GCP preferred)
- 10+ years of experience in Kubernetes, experience in leveraging methods such as ArgoCD, Kustomize, and Falco.
- 12+ years of experience in cloud-first methodologies/technologies
- Expert in DevOps flows including Jenkins, GitOps, Kubernetes, and Artifactory
- Expert knowledge developing with Terraform/CloudFormation
- Expert knowledge in generating IaC via tools such as Ansible.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to build strong relationships with cross-functional IT teams.
- Proven track record of constantly looking for ways to do things better and excellent understanding of the mechanism necessary to successfully implement change.
We’re Even More Excited If You Have:
- Experience with ArgoCD
- Experience with Backstage by Spotify
- We run in Google Cloud and rely heavily on BigQuery, Pub/Sub, Cloud Storage and our internal ETL frameworks to automate tasks, Experience with these technologies is a plus.
Thrive At BlackLine Because You Are Joining:
- A technology-based company with a sense of adventure and a vision for the future. Every door at BlackLine is open. Just bring your brains, your problem-solving skills, and be part of a winning team at the world's most trusted name in Finance Automation!
- A culture that is kind, open, and accepting. It’s a place where people can embrace what makes them unique, and the mix of cultural backgrounds and varying interests cultivates diverse thought and perspectives.
- A company who believes in providing the best possible service to its clients, and that starts with offering amazing perks to its employees. These perks include 100% coverage for healthcare, vision, and dental, 401(k) matching, ESPP, food, drinks, games, and so much more!
- A culture where BlackLiners’ continued growth and learning is empowered. BlackLine offers a wide variety of professional development seminars and inclusive affinity groups to celebrate and support our diversity.
BlackLine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws.