Senior Technical Program Manager - 13627
Pleasanton, United States
The Sr. Technical Program Manager, is a critical position in BlackLine’s Program Management organization and will lead the cross-functional execution of complex strategic programs across a variety of products. This role requires an individual that possess a strong program management background, the ability to navigate within ambiguous situations and lead with senior leaders with a strong understand of SaaS technologies. The scope of this area includes Product Development Program Management, Product Planning, Engineering Metrics/Reporting and Product Development Programs.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Develop and lead all program level activities, conduct quality reviews, manage risk mitigation, and change control processes, and communicate status to senior management and cross-functional stakeholders across the Product & Technology organization including all appropriate business organizations as required for the program’s success
- Conduct continuous improvement of the overall productization and implementation processes across the enterprise that will result in measurable quality, predictability, and efficiency improvements
- Provide input into planning and managing company resources to develop achievable quarterly level product development plans
- Lead teams to identify and establish metrics and tools to achieve predictability and high quality of software in a fast paced, challenging, and creative environment
- Ensure that development activities adhere to established operational procedures and standards
- Lead special high-profile projects as needed
Years of Experience in Related Field: 5+ years Program Management, ideally in a software Product development company or SaaS environment during times of extreme growth
Education: CSM a plus, PMP certification a plus bachelor’s or master’s degree in technical field, MBA a plus
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Solid understanding Product Lifecycle Management processes and Software development life cycle best practices
- Demonstrated leadership skills. Inspires teams to attain goals and excellence
- Strong analytical skills, leveraging software product development and program management best practices.
- Accomplished problem-solver and critical-thinker with the ability to identify and remove barriers to enable teams to complete their objectives
- Ability to develop strong cross-team relationships and partnerships; effectively work within all levels of the organization
- Solid influencing and presentation skills with the ability to communicate with clarity and precision, both written and verbal
- Identify process gaps and develop new processes, leveraging methodologies to ensure consistency with the organization
- Able to manage competing priorities and work autonomously
- Excellent judgment, decision making skills, and the ability to work under continual deadline pressure
- Agile training – i.e. Scrum Master certification or equivalent
- Prior experience in a technical field i.e. software engineering, database administration, cloud platforms such as Azure, GCP etc.