Manager, Integration Engineering - 13621
Woodland Hills, United States
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing!
At Blackline, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications.
Since being founded in 2001, BlackLine has become a leading provider of cloud software that automates and controls the entire financial close process. Our vision is to modernize the finance and accounting function to enable greater operational effectiveness and agility, and we are committed to delivering innovative solutions and services to empower accounting and finance leaders around the world to achieve Modern Finance.
Being a best-in-class SaaS Company, we understand that bringing in new ideas and innovative technology is mission critical. At BlackLine we are always working with new, cutting edge technology that encourages our teams to learn something new and expand their creativity and technical skillset that will accelerate their careers.
Work, Play and Grow at BlackLine!
Make Your Mark:
BlackLine empowers our team members to be change agents and are always seeking new and innovative ways to solve problems. We are experiencing explosive growth and looking for passionate and talented people to join our team.
As a Manager of Integration Engineering, you will be responsible for leading a team of Engineers in design, development, test and deployment of innovative and effective Integration solutions to our customers. In this role, you will provide the technical and people leadership, supporting multiple divisions and programs. You will be creating a shared vision and build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships and alignment with Product Management, Eningeering and Implementations. Your attention to detail, tenacity, and creative problem-solving and thinking ahead will directly impact the company's success, as well as the success of your peers across the organization.
If you have a passion for delivering products that make a difference, are driven to make things better in all that you do and are eager to work in a collaborative agile environment where Developers are dedicated to solving customer problems and innovating, you will be a great fit for the team
You’ll Get To (Tech, G&A):
- Lead and grow a team of Integration Engineers, focusing on effective prioritization while balancing quality, delivery, and best practices.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership in technology direction, road-mapping, architecture definition, design, development, and delivery of enterprise-class solutions while adhering to timelines, coding standards, requirements, and quality.
- Architect, design, develop, test, troubleshoot, debug, optimize, scale, perform the capacity planning, deploy, maintain and improve software applications, driving the delivery of high-quality value and features to BlackLine’s customers. Develop functional and technical specifications, and test plans. Perform code review and document functional and technical requirements.
- Implement and drive adaptations to team and strategic organizational processes, workflows, and related areas.
- Partner with Product, Engineering in defining deliverables, presenting innovative solutions and, ultimately, to successfully plan, manage and drive the timely delivery of corporate initiatives.
- Actively participate in research, development, support, management and other company initiatives designing solutions to optimally address current and future business requirements and infrastructure plans.
- Proactively identify issues, bottlenecks, gaps, or other areas of concern or opportunity and work to either directly affect change, or advocate for that change by working with peers and leadership to build consensus and take actions.
- Define and measure key metrics/KPIs highlighting engineering throughput, and the quality of deliverables.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Bring:
- 7+ years of experience with software development in object-oriented programming Languages including but not limited to: C#, Java, C++.
- 2+ years of management/technical lead experience.
- Strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, and design patterns, with a proven track record of software design and architecture of complex systems.
- Familiarity with SDLC, Agile Methodologies, CI/CD Concepts, and Cloud-based initiatives.
- Experience in modern Database platforms, including such items as data modeling, stored procedures, schema definitions, performance and scaling considerations.
- Familiarity with optimization techniques, including multi-threading and concurrency.
- Experience with Git / Jira / Confluence.
- Recent experience working with, troubleshooting and tuning across all layers of a modern SaaS, N-Tier, web-based application.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management.
- Passion for engineering excellence through automation, unit testing, and process improvements.
We’re Even More Excited If You Have:
- Experience in building Web Applications, Web Services, SaaS products, and RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with ERPs (SAP, Oracle, NetSuite or Microsoft)
Thrive At BlackLine Because You Are Joining:
- A technology-based company with a sense of adventure and a vision for the future. Every door at BlackLine is open. Just bring your brains, your problem-solving skills, and be part of a winning team at the world's most trusted name in Finance Automation!
- A culture that is kind, open, and accepting. It’s a place where people can embrace what makes them unique, and the mix of cultural backgrounds and varying interests cultivates diverse thought and perspectives.
- A company who believes in providing the best possible service to its clients, and that starts with offering amazing perks to its employees. These perks include 100% coverage for healthcare, vision, and dental, 401(k) matching, ESPP, food, drinks, games, and so much more!
- A culture where BlackLiners’ continued growth and learning is empowered. BlackLine offers a wide variety of professional development seminars and inclusive affinity groups to celebrate and support our diversity.
BlackLine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws.