Remote, United States
BlackLine is a global market leader in the Fintech space providing cloud technology solutions and analytics that helps companies modernize and transform Finance and Accounting financial operations with intelligent automation, ensuring more accurate and insightful financial statements and a more efficient financial close process. More than 3,700 companies around the world trust BlackLine to help ensure balance sheet integrity and confidence.
Who You Are:
As an Integration Engineer, you will play a crucial role in delivering high-quality Integration solutions to our customers by designing, developing, troubleshooting, maintaining, optimizing, and scaling BlackLine’s cloud-based backend services and driving innovation into our product suite. In this role, you will research, test, benchmark, and evaluate new technologies, propose scaling solutions, collaborate with other teams to define and build new solutions, optimize existing solutions while writing elegant code, and communicate with people at all levels. Your attention to detail, tenacity, creative problem-solving, and thinking ahead will directly impact the company's success, as well as the success of your peers across the organization.
If you have a passion for delivering products that make a difference, are driven to make things better in all that you do, and are eager to work in a collaborative agile environment where Developers are dedicated to solving customer problems and innovating, then we want to talk to you.
Your Next Challenge:
• Responsible for designing, developing, and delivering BlackLine’s Integration solutions, while adhering to timelines, coding standards, requirements, and quality.
• Develop client-facing features and architectural components to meet company demands. Implement, optimize, and follow software development techniques to ensure that delivered solutions meet software integration, performance, security, and maintainability expectations.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Product Management, Engineering, and Implementation teams in an Agile development environment.
• Utilize problem-solving skills to implement creative solutions to complex problems.
• Research, test, benchmark, and evaluate new tools and technologies, and recommend ways to implement them in product development.
• Maintain high standards of software quality and technical excellence within the team by proactively supporting good practices and habits and writing clean, testable, maintainable, and secure code. Collaborate within the team on all aspects of development including participation in code reviews, developing functional and technical specifications, and strategizing test plans.
• Proactively identify issues, bottlenecks, gaps, or other areas of concern or opportunity and work to either directly affect change, or advocate for that change by working with peers and leadership to build consensus and take action. • Perform critical maintenance, deployment, and release support activities, including occasional off-hours support.
What You'll Need:
• BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
•3+ years of experience with software development in object-oriented programming languages including but not limited to: C#, Java, C++.
• Experience with SQL and relational databases development, including stored procedures, data models, and transactional flows.
• Familiarity with optimization techniques, including multi-threading and concurrency.
• A solid computer science foundation including data structures, algorithms, and design patterns, with a proven track record of software design and development.
• Experience with using Git / Jira / Confluence.
• Experience in Scrum, or other Agile development methodologies, is preferred.
• Experience in developing/debugging on Azure Multi-Tenant Platform.
• Familiarity with ERPs (SAP, Oracle, Netsuite, or Microsoft) is a plus.
• Experience in building Web Applications, Web Services, SaaS products, and RESTful APIs is a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to solve problems and think outside of the box.
• Adaptable team player with strong collaboration skills and a focus on results and value delivery.
• Passion for engineering excellence through automation, unit testing, and process improvements.
Thrive at BlackLine:
We're looking for all kinds of people.
BlackLine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws. Work is primarily sedentary in nature; no special demands are required.