VP, EMEA Services - 13578
London, United Kingdom
The VP, EMEA Professional Services is responsible for leading the EMEA Professional Services organization. You and your team will manage all aspects of client on-boarding/implementation and follow-on services engagements across the full suite of BlackLine products. You will also be responsible for ensuring on-time, high-quality deliverables, as well as high levels of client satisfaction. You will have P&L responsibility for the EMEA Professional Services group and be responsible for meeting quarterly and annual financial and operational goals/targets. Other duties include developing and implementing strategies for expansion/scale, employee development, and ongoing management of the professional services organization.
This regional leader will oversee a team of managers who lead teams responsible for delivering Blackline implementation services at new and existing customers. This role is accountable for driving consulting utilization, revenue and completion of successful projects for the EMEA consulting practice. This role collaborates with other regional leaders (North America and APAC) to inform the development of practice policies and procedures to drive global standardization of implementation delivery to our clients. This role communicates with Sales, Professional Services, Client Support, Customer Success, and clients.
- Oversee the management of the EMEA Professional Services team, including recruiting/hiring, development, and performance management.
- Monitor and support leaders to achieve Professional Services KPIs (time to value, utilization targets, customer satisfaction, quality of delivery, etc).
- Optimize the team for operational excellence aligned to the other customer teams to create an integrated, exceptional customer experience.
- Prepare the implementation team to handle larger more complex customer deployments in addition to maximizing efficiency for the low end, less complex deployments.
- Act as the final regional escalation point for project escalations and provides expertise on defining recovery plans for consulting deliverables
- Align with Partner ecosystem to develop a high quality and scalable service offerings that embrace our delivery methodology and enhance our delivery capacity.
- Collaborate with sales to adopt/offer more/different service offerings.
- Meet organizational goals and manage to customer satisfaction, time to go-live, revenue/expense targets, and utilization.
- Work proactively with Sales to develop and position service philosophy, delivery and best practices related to BlackLine Services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Managerial Responsibility (if applicable)
- Yes, Direct reports include Director and Senior Manager level resources, with total span of control of at least 45 resources
Years of Experience in Related Field: 10 years of management experience (staff and budget responsibility); 10 years of experience in SaaS industry; 10 years of experience in a services delivery function with a global enterprise software solutions company
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Extensive experience of ERP and/or Financial systems deployments
- Knowledge of project management software such as Financial Force PSA
- Knowledge or experience with CRM tools, such as Salesforce
- Demonstrated strategic thinker
- Demonstrated success in scaling and profitably growing a professional services business focused on predictable implementation
- Demonstrated success with driving organizational change and aligning teams to meet corporate and departmental objectives
- Proven track record of managing a regional or national professional services organization
- Ability to scale professional services organizations with aggressive annual growth targets and demonstrated ability to hire, onboard and retain team
- Strong leadership abilities to motivate and manage a team of manager(s) and individual contributors at multiple levels within an organization
- Team player who can collaborate across organization with willingness to be hands-on to assist when needed
- Excellent communication, management, mentoring, and organizational skills
- Excellent client relationship management skills, and ability to play a trusted advisor to C- level customer executives to execute an implementation plan that works towards a rapid, successful go live
- Excellent customer interaction, presentation, written and oral communication skills, with the ability to present to different audiences and bring the message across in a concise, professional manner
- Strong negotiation skills
- Track record of successful solution delivery with demonstrated success managing multiple complex projects, juggling competing priorities, and meeting exacting deadlines
- Experience scoping and estimating project effort, documenting solutions in Statement of Work, and presenting the content to customers as well as a sound understanding of project control KPIs
- Large consulting firm experience preferred.
- CPA preferred, or similar accounting certification.
Role is of a primarily sedentary nature/regular office work