Mid-Market Sales Executive - 13573
The Mid-Market Sales Executive delivers the BlackLine software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform to accounting and finance teams in a multi-billion dollar market space. The Mid-Market Sales Executive has broad authority to construct his/her pipeline, a steady stream of pre-qualified opportunities, and support from BlackLine’s experienced team of sales and solutions experts. This role works closely with channel partners and is responsible for the acquisition of new logos in the Mid Market space.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Contribute as a member of the mid-market team to achieve the overall strategic group objectives
- Achieve or exceed monthly sales quota, including deals closed, users/modules added and conversion time
- Meet outbound prospecting and business development goals, including call volume and pipeline building
- Convert prospects to clients by fielding pre-qualified opportunities.
- Conduct discovery calls whilst building relationships, using best practices to maximize the sales process and accurately forecast opportunities.
- Engage with partners to manage inbound and partner generated leads and prospects, to accelerate pipeline
- Document daily activity in Salesforce and build and maintain accurate pipeline.
- Position and sell MAP with a view to customer acquisition with reduced sales cycle.
- Develop and maintain territory business plan and deliver accurate weekly, monthly and quarterly forecast commitments to sales management
- Presentation development and delivery to all level of management including Accounting professionals, C Level Finance Executives, and IT
- Confident and effective in selling across state and international borders remotely
- Ability to travel within defined territory 15-20% of the time to visit prospects in territory, regional events, and conferences
- Ability to negotiate pricing and contract terms with customers
- Learn and become proficient in the BlackLine applications and develop an understanding of the product marketplace in order to effectively communicate the value proposition
- Show passion for BlackLine application and desire to enhance customer satisfaction
- Establish effective sales strategies and tactics that result in new account business acquisition
- Work closely with other departments and support staff to assist with coordination of RFPs, demos, legal contracts, and implementation of software and ensure client satisfaction
Years of Experience in Related Field:
- 5+ years of experience selling finance/accounting software and/or SaaS solutions
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience selling SaaS Software to Mid-Market organizations
- Experience selling finance/accounting software solutions and/or background in selling into the CFO’s organization and Accounting/Finance departments
- Proven and consistent track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas
- Used to working in fast-pace, high growth environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent experience preferred
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and comfort in fast-paced sales environment
- Must be able to travel 15-20% of the time