Intercompany Solution Success Manager - 13524
Remote, United States
The Intercompany Solution Success Manager is responsible for ensuring ongoing success with our customers & positioning optimization opportunities working closely with the broader BlackLine organization including Customer, Sales, GTM Operations, & Product. They must possess deep expertise in the BlackLine products, end-to-end intercompany processes, finance operating models, industry standards, regulations, emerging trends, competitor capabilities/limitations, finance transformation and project management. The Solution Success Manager proposes recommendations and designs innovative solutions to help optimize customers’ adoption and expansion of ICH, prevent attrition, and churn, and continually enrich the customer’s business value they receive and return from their investment with BlackLine ICH. This individual serves as primary coordinator for all ICH escalations and influences various stakeholders with strategic direction. This position works very closely with our Client Support and Customer Success teams in a dedicated capacity to ICH clients only.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
Collaborate with Customer Success, Sales, & GTM Ops:
- Collaborate and communicate with counterparts in Customer Success as to the status and sentiment of the Intercompany Hub customers.
- Enlist the efforts of sales reps, renewal managers, customer success managers, and senior management when necessary to accelerate the contract renewal process and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Communicate risk clearly and take the lead in developing resolution strategies, escalating wherever appropriate.
- Assist in defining customer requirements and uncover roadblocks to ensure on-time renewals.
- Maintain visibility and accuracy of risk from churn and attrition, working with BlackLine CT Ops to update a rolling 90-day forecast of Intercompany Hub renewals.
- Acquire and document a holistic view of the customer’s Intercompany Hub roadmap journey
- Update and expand our portfolio of leading use cases
Delivery & Support:
- Influence positive customer outcomes by coordinating and program managing resolution pathways via a cross functional team for Intercompany Hub Customer Escalations from Client Support
- Liaise and compile key stakeholders across the BlackLine enterprise to rapidly mobilize client issues to resolution; participate in MIRT when necessary
- Actively communicate to external customers and partners, and internal executive leaders on resolution progress and outcomes
- Participate in the BlackLine RCA process to help the organization apply these findings to avoid having other customers experience a critical situation in the future and ensure no additional impact is caused for other customers
- Proactively review outstanding Client Support Tickets for all Intercompany Hub customers
- Maintains key customer relationships established during the sale/implementation process to ensure expectations are met throughout support.
- Collaborate with Client Support to create technical configuration documentation to facilitate a smooth transition from implementations to suppor
- Collaborate with Product and Customer Teams for any changes expected to impact existing Intercompany Hub customers
- Support programs and initiatives around customer engagement and satisfaction with Intercompany Hub customers to promote customer loyalty and retention
- Identifies areas of optimization and collaborates with the customer to derive the upmost value from the product and to increase long term utilization of BlackLine.
- Assists in driving the customer solution roadmap working closely with Implementations, Customer Success, and the Product Team
- Collaborates with product, QA, marketing and services in order to assist in the development of other assets (e.g., use cases, customer notifications, testing, webcasts, workshops, etc.) to help evangelize Intercompany Hub new product offerings.
- Trains and mentors the broader community of Customer Success and Application Support Intercompany Hub specialists.
- Hands-on: The Solution Success Manager is expected to roll up their sleeves and fill gaps wherever necessary to make the Customer’s Intercompany Hub Journey successful at BlackLine.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Years of Experience in Related Field: Experienced domain expert with at least 5 years of experience in accounting & finance software solutions. At least 5 years in a customer facing role and, ideally 5 years of BlackLine experience. Previous experience as a consultant focused on process improvement and technology enablement. Experience managing large transformational projects at strategic accounts. Experience engaging with various Finance functions (e.g., accounting, FP&A, tax, treasury, reporting, division finance, etc.)
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics or Business Administration, or equivalency in work experience
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Skilled in Visio or other process flow mapping software
- Knowledge of Gainsight, Salesforce CRM, Jira, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.
- Working knowledge of a Customer organization in a technology company (what is Support, Services, and Customer Success, and how do they interact with each other in support of the customer journey)
- Strong interpersonal and consultative skills and proven results building relationships working as a Trusted Advisor to drive business value for customers
- Embody creative problem-solving skills, including the ability to acquire a holistic vision of a customer situation, to understand the impact of technical changes and to translate customer objectives into high-level technical solutions by our strategic products to address business problems
- Demonstrate leadership skills to drive a team across diverse and disparate locations that are outside your direct chain of command, with a different agenda
- Ability to frame and communicate technical issues to a broad constituency including engineers and executive level management
- Ability to work without immediate direction, with changing priorities and high-pressure situations in a fast-paced team environment to resolve our customer's concerns with poise and diplomacy
- Ability to drive effective and influencing conversations at the C-level; facilitate difficult discussions and adept at handling objections
- Highly process-oriented mindset, with a love of telling stories with data
- Business process mapping or business process engineering skills
- Excellent listening and empathy skills
- Strong verbal and written professional communication skills
- Experience creating and delivering compelling presentations and product demonstrations
- Prioritization and time management skills
- Self-motivated, proactive team player with a natural curiosity and passion for learning
- Ability to work independently and proactively manage initiatives, while engaging a broader team
- Updated knowledge of current accounting practices and changes in the industry
- CPA, CIA or related professional accounting certification preferred
- Experience working with Fortune 100 companies is a plus
- Up to 40% travel required
- Work is primarily sedentary in nature, no special demands are required.