Manager, Cloud Infrastructure-AR Cloud - 13501
, United Kingdom
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
We are seeking an experienced Cloud Infrastructure Manager to lead the team overseeing daily operations of our global datacentres hosting the BlackLine Accounts Receivable SAAS products. This covers network infrastructure, storage and servers including MS SQL and Active Directory. We host in a mixture of traditional third party datacentres using VMWare, and in Microsoft Azure datacentres using PAAS, IAAS and SAAS components.
You will manage a team of 24/7 engineering staff, operations processes, incident engagement, and disaster recovery activities. The candidate must possess solid critical thinking skills and have experience supporting large server farms, 24x7 High Availability mission-critical traffic-intensive web infrastructures, and be familiar with commonly used server, storage, and virtualization technologies.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Lead a dedicated team of Infrastructure engineers & production SQL DBAs solving real-life problems in a high-performance, and high-traffic environment.
- Ensure 99.99%+ availability of the infrastructure that spans across multiple global datacenters in private and public clouds.
- Monitor and maintain health, performance, and security of all infrastructure components.
- Maintain and improve efficiency of the infrastructure processes. Automate wherever possible.
- Adhere to the change management and other established processes and procedures.
- Support our continued certification to ISO 27001, ISO 9001 and SOC2 standards
- Evaluate and analyze systems, performance, issues and metrics to provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Monitor and plan for capacity and growth.
- Maintain documentation and operational knowledge base.
- Respond to and troubleshoot incidents. Participate in root cause analyses.
- On call for incidents and maintenances as needed.
- Contribute to management of departmental budget.
- Support infrastructure assessments and audit activities.
- Establish and maintain vendor relationships, negotiate services, and manage service level agreements.
- Support negotiations and administration of vendor contracts and service agreements.
- Manage business continuity and disaster recovery. Conduct DR tests.
- Ensure safety and security best practices are always used when in data centers.
- Maintain inventory of physical and virtual assets.
Years of Experience in Related Field: 8+ years of industry experience. 3+ years of leadership experience
Education: Batchelors degree in Information Technology, Business or related field or equivalent experience.
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong working knowledge of Windows Server, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, WSUS and Group Policy
- Networking experience including firewall management (Palo Alto and Sophos an advantage), VPNs, IP addressing and routing.
- Microsoft SQL, including SQL Server 2014 and Azure SQL Managed Instances, covering capacity management, performance monitoring and system maintenance activities.
- Experience of enterprise security tools including Anti Virus, SIEM/Log Management, Vulnerability scanning, Web Application Firewalls.
- Public & Private Cloud hosting experience, including implementation of security, specifically in Microsoft Azure and VMWare, including fault tolerance and disaster recovery implementation.
- Automation of frequently run activities, e.g. Powershell or other scripting language.
- Web application hosting including IIS, ASP.NET, SSL Certificate management, caching and load balancing technologies.
- Vulnerability management including automated scanning, penetration testing and remediation activities including patch management
- 5+ years supporting a SaaS/Hosting type critical revenue-generating environment.
- 3+ years of direct supervisory/management responsibility.
- 3+ years experience working in a strict change-controlled, 24/7 environment.
- Proven data center management experience.
- Skill managing and prioritizing troubleshooting of enterprise services with complex interactions between applications, operating systems, network protocols, and client configurations.
- Experience with compliance activities associated with ISO 27001 and SOC 2.
- Strong problem-solving methodology and root cause analysis.
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels across the organization.
- Experience managing large, complex projects across multiple teams and disciplines.
- Empathy for working with support teams to identify and remedy pain points.
- Someone energized by a fast-paced, iterative approach.
- Hands-on problem-solving skills, technical leadership and mentoring qualities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work outside of normal office hours as needed.
- Travel as needed to remote office locations for training, implementation, and/or planning as required
- Understanding of ITIL concepts. Certificate in ITIL Foundations or greater is preferred.
- Working knowledge of cloud platforms (Microsoft Azure strongly preferred).
- Experience with procurement cycles and purchase negotiations.
- Microsoft MCSE/MCSA
- Microsoft Azure Certifications
- Cisco CCNA or equivalent networking qualification
- CISSP or equivalent security qualification