Senior Software Engineer, Mobile - 13498
Woodland Hills, United States
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing!
At Blackline, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications.
Since being founded in 2001, BlackLine has become a leading provider of cloud software that automates and controls the entire financial close process. Our vision is to modernize the finance and accounting function to enable greater operational effectiveness and agility, and we are committed to delivering innovative solutions and services to empower accounting and finance leaders around the world to achieve Modern Finance.
Being a best-in-class SaaS Company, we understand that bringing in new ideas and innovative technology is mission critical. At BlackLine we are always working with new, cutting edge technology that encourages our teams to learn something new and expand their creativity and technical skillset that will accelerate their careers.
Work, Play and Grow at BlackLine!
Make Your Mark:
BlackLine empowers our team members to be change agents and are always seeking new and innovative ways to solve problems. We are experiencing explosive growth and looking for passionate and talented people to join our team.
As a Senior Mobile Software Engineer, you will play a crucial role in delivering high quality releases to our customers by designing, developing, troubleshooting, maintaining, optimizing and scaling BlackLine’s mobile application and driving innovation into our product suite. In this role, you will research, test, benchmark and evaluate new technologies, propose scalable solutions, collaborate with other teams to define and build new features, optimize existing features while writing elegant code for new mobile UI, coaching and mentoring less experienced mobile engineers and communicating with people at all levels. Your attention to detail, tenacity, and creative problem-solving and thinking ahead will directly impact the company’s success, as well as the success of your peers across the organization.
You’ll Get To:
- Design, develop, test, troubleshoot, and optimize the next generation mobile application for BlackLine
- Implement, refine, and enforce software development techniques to ensure that delivered features meet software integration, performance, security, and maintainability expectations.
- Maintain high standards of software quality and technical excellence within the team by enforcing good practices and habits, writing clean, testable, maintainable, and secure code.
- Mentor and coach team members and guide them to solutions on complex issues.
- Proactively identify issues, gaps, or other areas of concern or opportunity and work to either directly affect change, or advocate for that change by working with peers and leadership to build consensus and take action.
- Perform critical maintenance, deployment, and release support activities, including occasional off-hours support.
What You’ll Bring:
- BS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience with mobile software development.
- Good hands-on experience with react and react native framework
- Understand principles of mobile development and should have experience in developing apps across more than one target OS, preferably Android and iOS
- Working experience with state management frameworks such as Redux or MobX
- A solid understanding of computer science foundation including data structures, algorithms, and design patterns related to the Mobile / Front End development.
- Experience with source controls tools (git, etc.).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Adaptable team player with strong collaboration skills and a focus on results and value delivery.
- Prior experience with Expo is a plus
- Prior experience with complex API integrations is a plus
- Prior working experience in Scrum, or other Agile development methodologies, is preferred.
- Passion for engineering excellence through automation, unit testing, and process improvements.
Thrive At BlackLine Because You Are Joining:
- A technology-based company with a sense of adventure and a vision for the future. Every door at BlackLine is open. Just bring your brains, your problem-solving skills, and be part of a winning team at the world's most trusted name in Finance Automation!
- A culture that is kind, open, and accepting. It’s a place where people can embrace what makes them unique, and the mix of cultural backgrounds and varying interests cultivates diverse thought and perspectives.
- A company who believes in providing the best possible service to its clients, and that starts with offering amazing perks to its employees. These perks include 100% coverage for healthcare, vision, and dental, 401(k) matching, ESPP, food, drinks, games, and so much more!
- A culture where BlackLiners’ continued growth and learning is empowered. BlackLine offers a wide variety of professional development seminars and inclusive affinity groups to celebrate and support our diversity.
BlackLine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws.