Senior DevOps Engineer (Developer Productivity Engineering) - 13497
Remote, United States
Alpharetta, United States
Chicago, United States
New York, United States
Remote, United States
St. Louis, United States
Woodland Hills, United States
Woodland Hills, CA, or Remote USA, United States
Pleasanton, United States
The Senior DevOps Engineer – DPE (Developer Productivity Engineering) will work as part of a highly collaborative team with a focus on advancing the enablement of BlackLine engineers. This role will innovate in developing platforms and solutions with an emphasis on improving the overall end-user experience and usability of our products. Knowledge of the entire software stack, experience in operations, and infrastructure savvy are musts for this engineer to help build useful, holistically minded solutions.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Ideate and execute on Quality-of-Life improvements across the entire software stack (Front-End, Middleware, Backend) by a variety of teams and disciplines
- Build containerized serverless applications with microservices that will be consumed by other teams with Kubernetes as a target infrastructure.
- Create and enhance tooling related to automated software builds and deployment (CI/CD) processes using Jenkins Pipelines.
- Demonstrate your adaptable skills in working with polyglot of software frameworks (including .NET, Java, Python, React etc).
- Automate infrastructure provisioning and manage configuration for software applications using Terraform and Chef via Ruby.
- Collaborate with development and other technology teams on requirements, definition, capacity planning and process refinement.
- Generate documentation for both existing and new processes with focus on maintainability.
- Contribute knowledge, skills, and personal qualities to a dedicated team of top engineers solving real-life problems in a bleeding-edge, high performance, and high traffic environment.
Years of Experience in Related Field: 3-5 years
Education: BS or MS Computer Science or equivalent
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Practical experience architecting and designing holistic application systems with strong focus on process optimization.
- Experience with common build, packages, and release tools such as MSBuild, NUGet, Maven or Pip.
- Expertise with deigning and interacting with RESTful APIs, or equivalent experience with Protocol Buffers (protobuf or GraphQL).
- Experience automation the provision of servers, applications and/or infrastructure in a product environment at scale.
- Hands-on experience with Distributed Version Control via Git.
- Ability to execute and advise on software development best practices and SDLC.
- Experience deploying high availability systems and software.
- Intermediate-level knowledge of Windows Server and Linux.
- Intermediate-level knowledge of production web servers, such as IIS or Nginx.
- Intermediate-level knowledge of SQL and NoSQL.
- Experience with configuration management tools, such as Chef, Ansible, or Puppet.
- 3-5 years of experience as a Software Engineer, or equivalent experience.
- 2-3 years of experience in an Operations role, such as DevOps, SRE or Cloud Engineering, as part of your Software Engineer role.
- Able to work in a remote / distributed environment
- Participate in on-call rotation