Senior Product Manager - 13493
Remote, United States
At BlackLine, our success hinges on developing and maintaining industry-leading business solutions that hundreds of thousands of users across the world rely upon. A key success component is the highly collaborative and market-facing nature of our Product Management team. Product Management is responsible for guiding products through the software development lifecycle including analyzing, positioning, promoting, and tailoring our solutions to both new and existing customers. They work closely with creative and talented engineers, designers, and marketers to help design and develop solutions that improve companies overall financial close process.
As Senior Product Manager, you will work cross-functionally to guide products from conception to launch by connecting the business and technical worlds. From leveraging new and existing technologies to diving deep into feedback from some of the most recognized brands in the world, you will create buy-in for product vision across internal and external stakeholders that includes both customers and partners alike. The ideal Senior Product Manager is a customer-/market-oriented person with strong product and project management skills, solid technical understanding and great personal skills and a track record for delivering exceptional business results.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
The Senior Product Manager serves as the primary owner for a component of BlackLine's Financial Close & Automation Platform.
- Research: The Senior Product Manager is responsible for constantly gathering information from clients, prospects, peers, stakeholders, and other BlackLiners. They will keep abreast of market research, competitive intelligence, accounting/finance news, and software trends. Research is conducted constantly, though a variety of channels, with an eye on both the specific product(s) that the PM is responsible for and broad, new ideas/concepts.
- Roadmap: Senior Product Managers create, publish, and maintain both internal and external roadmaps. This means they're responsible for balancing new-features, enhancements, design changes, and defect resolution while ensuring that their engineering team aligns to BlackLine's business objectives.
- Feature Design: The entire process by which features move from idea to reality is owned by the Senior Product Manager. Sr PMs create Epics or PRDs, work with UX/UI designers to refine the interaction layout and interaction model, and consult with Tech Ops, Security, Legal and other internal stakeholders.
- Product Development: Senior Product Managers are part of the engineering team tasked with delivering on the roadmap. This means that PMs will create stories, participate fully in grooming and sprint planning, and help ensure that the team's productivity, code quality, and output are acceptable. The Product Manager will also assist in managing the team by providing feedback, clearing blockers, and ensuring that all work proceeds swiftly.
- Subject Matter Expertise: By virtue of their close work with our clients and stakeholders, as well as their participation in the design process, Senior Product Managers are expected to build a deep understanding of the product and market, as well as the fundamentals of accounting, design, and our technology. They will use that expertise in support of other teams, events, or clients.
- Leadership: Senior Product Managers are expected to be willing and informed decision makers who drive projects to a successful completion, always have an opinion, and provide visionary leadership for their teams.
SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER
- As a Sr Product Manager, you own the full creation of the roadmap, make strategic decisions about the direction of your product, show good decision-making to balance delivery quality and development team happiness, keep development team informed about the long-term vision, and collaborate with UX.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Develops the strategy for her/his product with limited supervision
- Leads planning and execution for a given product
- Is expected to set the product vision and pursue it with discretion
- Operates without the need for supervision and is expected to produce a high volume of work and meet all deadlines without oversight
- Has broad responsibility for their product area and serves as the Product Owner for one or more teams
- Provide product leadership to cross functional technical teams and implement process frameworks to drive project success
- Manage stakeholder communication across the company as well as up to management in the Product organization
- Communicate directly with clients and partners to determine project requirements and deliverables
- Act as a mentor for members of the Product Management team
- Influence product investment decisions with data-driven business cases and market analysis
- Own the go-to-market plan and deliver outcomes that reintegrate learning into the organization and product plan
Years of Experience in Related Field: 6+ years in B2B or B2C Product management experience with at least 4 years in Enterprise application business
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in accounting is a must
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills and a willingness to roll up your sleeves to get things done
- Deep familiarity with enterprise Cloud applications with an emphasis on Office of Finance-related transactional systems (account reconciliation, matching, control/task management)
- Proficient with Agile methodologies including Scrum and Kanban
- Excellent communication, presentation, and collaboration skills.
- Thrives in a fast-moving, quickly changing atmosphere.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic, high-growth environment
- Familiarity with agile enablement applications (Jira and Product board preferred)
- 10-20% travel to customers and company/industry events as required