Senior Proposal Analyst - 13462
London, United Kingdom
BlackLine Systems, Inc. is seeking a Senior Proposal Analyst who will provide proposal management skills and best practices. This will include the oversight of proposal activities, completion of internal review and approval processes, management of proposal schedules and deadlines, and assisting in updating our current proposal process. This position will monitor proposal progress, coordinate proposal activities and SMEs, support follow-up questions from Sales reps, monitor proposal team activity in SalesForce, and assist with managing our proposal databases. Proposals will range from short, routine customer responses to longer, formal proposals, with a heavy emphasis on Information Technology Questionnaires (ITQs). Multiple proposals will be in progress concurrently as we do a large volume of work. This person will report directly to the Sales Operations Manager of the RFP Team, and will work closely with the rest of the proposal team, internal Sales Reps and Solution Consultants. A solid history of proposal management experience is required, and relevant experience working for a SaaS company is desired. This position will at our headquarters location on a full-time basis and should reside or be willing to relocate to the Los Angeles area. No relocation assistance available.
- Respond to Requests for Information (RFIs), Information Technology Questionnaires (ITQs), Requests for Proposal (RFPs), Requests for Quotes (RFQs), Annual Vendor Surveys, follow-up questions, etc.
- Lead and manage all proposal efforts from initial assignment through the final proposal submission.
- Conduct and lead kick-off meetings (when needed on occasion), internal peer reviews, communication with Sales Reps across the world and other proposal activities as needed.
- Assist Manager with updating proposal strategies, plans, schedules, tasks, team member assignments, and track the execution and completion of all proposal activities assigned to proposal team members.
- Work cross-functionally with SMEs on the following teams: InfoSec, legal product, implementation, HR, and others as needed communicate product/solution/technical requirements and develop and organize proposal content for all assigned projects.
- Work to further streamline processes, continually improving the researching of responses, ensuring most current information is used, acquiring and maintaining data and back up information and working with internal stakeholders.
- Review and analyze all proposal content to ensure clarity, conciseness, responsiveness and compliance with all stated requirements and consistency across all factors (capabilities, management approach, past performance, cost proposal, etc.)
- Perform technical editing of proposal content, as needed, to help ensure accuracy, clarity, conciseness, and consistency (both technically and stylistically) across all responses.
- 5+ years contracts management, proposal management, or related project management experience
- Strong working knowledge of technical language,
- Solid analytical, problem-solving, critical-thinking, and decision-making capabilities with sound judgement
- Prior experience at a SaaS company
- SalesForce experience preferred
- Prior experience utilizing a variety of on-line vendor portals a plus (i.e. Ariba, Prevalent)
- Previous experience with any proposal management tool to manage/update knowledge base (required)
- Strong written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills with ability to consistently complete tasks accurately and in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Team player with ability to multitask and work in fast-paced environment
- Strong Proficiency with Microsoft Office Word and Excel required
- Self-motivator and stellar work ethic
- Effective interpersonal skills including the ability to interact with a variety of personalities while maintaining a calm, professional, friendly demeanor
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Association of Proposal Management Professional (APMP) certification is a plus (any level)
- A background security check is required as a condition of employment.