HR Business Partner - 13445
Woodland Hills, United States
The HR Business Partner provides operational guidance and support to all BlackLiners up to mid-level managers and to the Talent Management team. This role provides operational support to all BlackLiners up to mid-level managers on various HR related programs, projects and employee relations issues. Partners with Strategic Talent Partners to ensure seamless HR support to employees within an assigned Business Unit.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Provide employee relations guidance to line managers to improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention.
- Guide and collaborate with Managers on Performance Improvement Plans and facilitating difficult exit meetings.
- Mediate and resolve employee relations issues between employees and/or employees and managers.
- Facilitate and support roll out of the annual performance, compensation and engagement survey cycles in partnership with the Total Rewards team, Talent Development and Talent Management teams.
- Build relationships with line level managers to build effective relationships, provide guidance and counsel on employee performance, relationships, etc.
- Advise/coach managers and employees on effective continuous performance practices and value driven conversations. Support annual performance management process including regular communications with client groups to ensure reviews are completed and entered into the system, participation in calibration sessions of performance ratings, and review of written appraisals as needed.
- Foster employee engagement, oversee and participate in ongoing employee initiatives including manager support with engagement survey action planning.
- Support or own HR related projects to improve internal process and procedures.
- Partner with the Compensation team on internal equity analysis, new job creation, and leveling exercises. Conduct ad hoc analysis on internal equity analysis taking DEI initiatives into consideration. Evaluate spot bonus recommendations.
- Collaborate with managers and department leadership to draft and design job descriptions.
- Facilitate and evaluate talent acquisition activity including review and approval of requisitions, partnering with Talent Acquisition to frame proposed offers of employment aligned with compensation philosophy and internal equity, and support a seamless candidate and hiring manager experience.
- Conduct and manage effective, thorough, and objective employee relations investigations. Assist with scheduling and administration of training and other group sessions. May facilitate internal training sessions when required such as training employees and managers on how to use HR self-service tools, new manager training, interview best practice training, other training in support of cyclical programs)
- Share information about DEI initiatives with the business and advise and coordinate with employee resource groups to support participation
- Review and approve new hire, promotion, and change requests in the HRIS system.
- Advise managers and employees on HR policy interpretation and administration.
- Partner with People Success, Talent Acquisition, and Talent Development to ensure alignment of onboarding processes and initiatives.
- Work with HR Tech to standardize, compile and generate reports of talent-related metrics (e.g. performance, turnover, etc.). Provide thematic analysis to managers and/or Strategic Talent Partners on a regular cadence with recommendations for action.
- Regularly audit and ensure HRIS data integrity for the business unit supported (Department, Division, Cost Center, etc).
- Compile information to respond to audit and other data and reporting requests.
- Generate standard reports for managers or leadership teams from performance management systems.
- Assist with other duties and projects as required.
Years of Experience in Related Field: 3-5 years
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, HR or related field
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Competence in conflict resolution and possess deep talent management acumen
- Able to comfortably navigate ambiguity and respond to the changing demands of a fast paced, high growth environment
- Versed in employment law and compliance, performance management and coaching
- Possesses strong inductive and deductive reasoning skills and is able to develop creative approaches to solving problems
- Able to synthesize a wide range of information
- Skilled at and enjoys collaborating with individuals throughout HR and the organization
- Experienced in managing projects guided by project management fundamentals
- Effectively builds and maintains professional business relationships with stakeholders at a variety of levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel (pivot tables preferred), PowerPoint, Outlook, and Teams
- Strong customer-oriented focus.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail, a dedicated work ethic and flexibility to meet the business initiatives.
- Continuous process improvement mindset.
- Candid, constructive and direct communication is expected and encouraged.
- Strong empathy and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to think conceptually, strategically and tactically.
- Knowledge of HR processes and proficiency in process documentation.
- Positive team player, cooperative, and self-motivated.
- HR certification
- Experience with HRIS and ATS systems; (SAP SuccessFactors and iCIMS a plus)
- Experience working for a mid-sized or large global business.
- Experience working in a SaaS company and knowledge of Tech industry is also a plus
- Hybrid office and work from home environment.
- Work is primarily sedentary in nature; no special demands are required.