VP, Marketing Operations and Analytics - 13442
Remote, United States
BlackLine is looking for a marketing executive with extensive experience deploying, operating, and fine tuning an advanced technology stack to drive demand and support business growth at scale.
The candidate will directly impact the business as he/she will own and optimize the company’s digital and web strategies, executing marketing campaigns across organic and paid channels to fill the funnel, inform BDR outreach with technology driven recommendations, advance sales cycles and support upsell and cross sell. The candidate must have experience employing both account-based and mass marketing strategies, technologies and techniques.
The ideal candidate is a strategic builder who wants to grow compelling SEO-driven properties and views this as a P&L with uncapped upside. The right candidate is excited to grow, manage, and coach a high-performing team and drive go-to-market strategy as a member of the Marketing leadership team within an exciting growth-stage company.
With many cross functional touchpoints, the candidate must have the ability to build trust and partnerships with key stakeholders. The ideal candidate brings a strong combination of operational experience in a multiproduct, multiregional global company where he/she supported different business units with different cadences, personas and needs.
Roles and Responsibility
Manage marketing analytics function to inform go-to-market strategy, identify effective programs and improve overall marketing performance
- Partner with marketing stakeholders to establish goals and KPIs, assess program effectiveness and measure performance
- Generate insights and present recommendations through data-driven storytelling
Strategically own, manage, and grow the Marketing database and data set derived from all technologies
- Devise region-specific strategies for data acquisition and maintenance to enrich the marketing database in accordance with regulations and local norms
- Algin with other GTM teams (Sales and Customer teams) to drive data and system governance across the whole GTM technology stack
- Advise and collaborate on data hygiene philosophy in support of clear lead scoring, prospecting, and customer communication strategies.
Own and optimize the digital marketing technology stack
- Manage, refine, optimize the marketing technology stack to support segment/region specific demand generation goals using ABM or mass marketing efforts
- Negotiate vendor contracts and partner with Enterprise Applications team to ensure robust technology for Marketing team
- Support ABM strategies through intelligent account target selection, targeted advertisement and campaigns, BDR outreach
- Devise and drive smooth integration and processes across the tech stack for agility and efficiency
- Rationalize cost and complexity to maximize results
Create the overarching demand generation strategy for BlackLine including all digital assets
- Hold team accountable to execution of the digital strategy to:
- Strategically manage Blackline.com and other web properties to increase lead acquisition, engagement, conversion and accelerate sales cycles
- Lead the development and management of digital assets (websites, landing pages, emails, content assets and ads) to increase website visitors and engagement with target accounts and personas.
- Continuously improve conversions and desired outcomes by driving relentless experimentation
- Develop and optimize first-class digital experience journeys for our prospects and customers key personas, including building out the entire funnel, from re-defining marketable names acquisition models to paid conversion strategies.
- Partner with Product Marketing to drive stellar SEO outcomes with relevant optimized content
Establish digital marketing strategy and tactics for all paid acquisition channels
- Lead and hold accountable teams that:
- Manage a multimillion-dollar budget for paid channels – web ads, paid social, content syndication-, achieving goals for awareness creation, lead acquisition and CPL
- Continually optimize channel mix to improve demand generation results
- Devise, execute and evaluate paid campaigns in support of specific business objectives
- Manage a team of program/project managers to ensure the effective delivery of marketing campaigns across channels
Drive eMail marketing program
- Manage email programs to support regional and segment goals
- Ensure high conversion and quality of all email campaigns
Years of Experience in Related Field: 15+
Education: Bachelors degree or the equivalence in work experience.
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Executive level experience building and managing a data-driven marketing team
- Executive level experience selecting, implementing, and operating integrated sales and marketing technology stacks.
- Proven track record of architecting integrated sales and marketing technology to automate manual repetitive work.
- Deep understanding of digital marketing, marketing automation, lead and account-based marketing in B2B environments.
- Expert understanding of marketing automation tools like Marketo, Eloqua or Pardot and Salesforce.
- Solid understanding of Account-Based Marketing processes and experience with tools needed to carry out ABM campaigns effectively (e.g., 6Sense, Terminus, Demandbase, Outreach, Salesloft).
- Experience working with sales and/or partnering across multiple cross-functional teams
- Strong technical aptitude and systems thinking
- Excellent project, analytical, and budget management skills
- A history of successful engagements to drive technology roadmaps, purchases and deployments
- Excellent in synthesizing information from large variety of external and internal information sources.
- Executive-level verbal and written communication skills. Able to present executive summaries of actionable insights and recommendations to fellow executives internally and externally.
- Effective professional presence/polish
- Adaptable, flexible, lives/embodies BlackLine’s core values of Think, Create, Serve.
- MBA or graduate degree on a quantitative discipline
Work is primarily sedentary in nature: no special demands are required.