The HR Strategic Talent Leader will be the most senior business partner to one or more executive leaders and will customize talent objectives and goals to align with business unit strategy. Responsible for partnering with the business leader, will provide insights based on talent analytics and metrics to recommend talent strategies and program execution that propels talent decisions to enable and accelerate long term growth for BlackLine and our people. The HR Strategic Talent Leader will engage with the business in workforce planning to analyze workforce trends, identify talent needs and critical skills gaps, and forecast and develop plans for key staffing through internal progression and external hires. This role and its impact are highly visible with frequent C-level executive interaction.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Work with business leader and finance business partner on annual business planning, including forecasting and developing workforce plans for key staffing.
- Establish key talent metrics and KPIs to measure performance within the business unit and proactively highlight areas of risk and opportunity.
- Work closely with leadership and employees to improve work relationships and build morale
- Use data driven approach to analyze trends, inform decisions, and implement actions to increase productivity and retention (engagement survey data, performance data, exit trends)
- Adapt organization-wide DEI programs to the business unit.
- Lead and/or contribute to strategic, project-based business initiatives and global HR programs such as organization design, site selection/expansion, M&A due diligence and/or related integration.
- Leverage human resources subject matter expertise in the formulation, recommendation, and deployment of highly complex HR programs and policies that combine strategic sense with tactical execution.
- Serve as a thought leader in shaping and creating development programs for high potential employees that increases organizational effectiveness and supports employee career growth.
- Consult line management regarding talent development needs of the business line (e.g., career planning, learning initiatives, etc.) and work collaboratively with Talent Development team to create development programs for key talent.
- Coach/provide guidance to people managers with goal setting, salary adjustments, progressive discipline, terminations and general employee matters.
- Provide coaching/advice to employees and managers on value-driven performance management conversations
- Work collaboratively with Talent Acquisition and Total Rewards to align compensation with competitive market expectations.
- Collaborate with operational leaders in the development of an empowered and accountable culture with shared priorities for a positive work environment.
- Lead the roll out of cyclical programs across supported business units, such as continuous and annual performance management, compensation review processes, global engagement surveys and action planning, talent assessment and succession planning, etc.
- Design, facilitate, and lead change efforts/communication strategies related to HR and other organization wide programs.
- Manage and communicate guidance within the organization regarding. Lead or participate in work council negotiations (as applicable).
- Directs interpretation and application of established human resources policies and compliance with compulsory regulations advising business leaders in appropriate resolution of complex employee relations issues.
- Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations related to employee concerns.
- Collaborate with global peers to and to stay abreast of talent matters in region falling within assigned executive leader(s) organization
- Provide direction to COEs on business demands, service needs
- Exercise independent discretion and judgment to make critical decisions in administering internal policies and controls in compliance with applicable legislation (SOX, Information Security, ESG, internal audits).
- May serve as the company Human Resource representative with external governing agencies.
Years of Experience in Related Field: Accomplished Human Resources leader with 8 - 10 years of progressive experience in Human Resources and 5-7 years in a business partner role (preferably in a global business).
Education: Requires a university degree or its equivalent in Human Resources, Business or related field.
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Leverage interpersonal and organizational savvy, relates well to others, builds relationships throughout the organization, and is a quick study to organization dynamics.
- Function as an objective and trusted advisor able to effectively collaborate with and engage stakeholders in difficult discussion, to challenge assumptions, advise on the talent implications of decisions and then present alternate explanations and solutions
- Comprehensive knowledge in the areas of organizational design, staffing, learning/development practices and principles, and employment law matters (ethics, conduct, employee wellness, staffing, wage and hour, leaves of absence, etc.).
- Able to intake information and insights, frame the need and deliver consultative or hands-on problem-solving support in managing complex employee relations matters, workforce plans, and organizational design/structure
- Strategic, big picture thinker able to translate strategies into action and link HR goals to organizational goals
- Agility to work swiftly within tight time constraints and adapt to changing priorities while remaining calm under the pressure of multiple projects and demands
- Leverages knowledge of project management fundamentals to organize, prioritize and time manage work with keen attention to detail and accuracy in presentation of information.
- Ability to apply change management and diversity, equity and inclusion principles to assist in business transformation, aligning stakeholders around implementation of initiatives influencing organizational culture.
- Effectively copes with change, ambiguity and risk and can comfortably adapt and respond to the changing demands of a fast paced, high growth environment.
- Possesses a propensity and ability to turn obstacles into challenges and motivate and inspire those they work with to keep morale and productivity high
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications or other similar collaboration tools is a must. Experience with HRIS, and ATS platforms (SuccessFactors is a plus)
- Highly effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Can-do attitude, committed to finding solutions not only to solve problems but to prevent them in the future
- Experience working for a US parent company a plus.
- Experience working in a SaaS company and knowledge of Tech industry is also a plus
Hybrid office and work from home environment. Some travel required.