Customer Success Manager I - 13356
Remote, United States
The Customer Success Manager 1 (CSM1) delivers post-sales efforts to their assigned customers via a Customer Success program strategy specifically associated with a BlackLine onboarded customer segment(s). This program strategy encompasses the activities, resources, and relationships necessary to optimize customers’ adoption of subscribed licenses and products, prevent attrition and churn, and continually enhance customer health and satisfaction. The CSM I delivers post-sales efforts to customers to support the On-Demand customer success strategy. Touchpoints include, coaching, demonstrations, Business Review, Customer Success Reviews, Success Path creation and review and appropriate training required to ensure the customer is receiving the value expected from their BlackLine subscription. In addition, the CSM I may engage with customers across all account segments, delivering 1: 1 programs including but not limited to answering customer questions via chat or email, directing customers to available documentation, videos, training, accelerators, etc. In addition, the CSM I will support 1: many programs including Workshops, Webinars, and other BlackLine events. The CSM1 reports to the Manager, Customer Success.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Perform effective customer presentations, Success Reviews, Executive Business Reviews, customer advocacy, solution workshops, coaching activities and other adoption deliverables via webcasts, teleconferences and/or onsite visits.
- Be able to address assigned client activities’ impact on BlackLine and provide best practices. Includes, but not limited to organizational changes, global rollout, and ERP changes.
- Keep current on all BlackLine solutions, including detailed product functionality and its proper use.
- Apply competitive differentiation as needed to further opportunities and prevent churn.
- Coordinate with BlackLine Partner Channel team as well as specific partners, as needed.
- Provide feedback to Product Management team related to new functionality requests and specifications.
- Provide feedback to various internal customer teams to improve customer experience.
- Provide BlackLine best practices, use case scenarios and client stories both internally and externally (including community) to assist other clients with expanded use of application functionality.
- Assist in BlackLine Community as a Moderator. Respond to customer questions in the Community.
- Provide coverage, education, and application expertise by attending and participating in BlackLine User Groups, Client Roundtables, Customer Success Labs, conferences, and other events.
- Understands the art of the possible with the BlackLine platform. Acts as a functionality-based SME for three BlackLine solutions.
- Log client communication and document relevant activities within internal customer relationship management software and other tools as assigned.
- Show passion for BlackLine application and desire to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Deliver on Customer Success program strategy specifically associated with a BlackLine onboarded customer segment(s) as it relates to assigned customers.
- Assist customers as they move through their onboarding of BlackLine as a new client.
- Answer clients’ platform, product and domain questions within the defined customer success program criteria and timeframes.
- Educate clients on how existing and new product features and functionality work, and how it can contribute to their business objectives
- Perform Success Planning activities for onboarded clients to ensure BlackLine understands their corporate goals and objectives and any challenges to deliver relevant and pertinent demonstrations, coaching and/or referrals to other Customer Teams.
- Travel may be required
- Other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics or Business Administration Masters of Business Administration or equivalent
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 2+ years BlackLine experience
- 2 Years Customer facing experience (internal or external)
- Updated knowledge of current accounting practices and changes in the industry
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience building relationships
- Knowledge of Gainsight, Salesforce CRM, etc.
- Strong interpersonal and consultative skills and proven results building relationships working as a Trusted Advisor to drive business value for customers.
- Ability to deal with changing priorities and high-pressure situations with poise and diplomacy
- Highly process-oriented mindset, with a love of telling stories with data
- Excellent listening and empathy skills
- Strong verbal and written professional communication skills
- Demonstrate and strong presentation skills with a natural comfortable passion for presenting
- Prioritization and time management skills
- Self-motivated, proactive team player with a natural curiosity and passion for learning
Work is primarily sedentary in nature; no special demands required. This role is a remote position and does not require office space.